Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KAsva
Novice

How to get NUC5CPYH passthrough DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD Audio?

I am using NUC5CPYH with Windows 8.1 and the latest Intel graphic driver, but it cannot passthrough DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD audio via HDMI to my AV receiver on any programs.

So, are there any ways to get NUC5CPYH passthrough DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD Audio?

263 Replies
PSeam
Beginner

No harm in asking once in a while and a month is a very fair amount of time.

Chris_V_Intel

Kindness guys, kindness.

I have not forgotten about this.

Please do remind me again in a few weeks/month, if I have not updated you guys.

JSkau
New Contributor II

And we most definiely have not forgotten about it (or you) either

Bumping this for a bi-weekly update, any or no progress cvare?

"The way to Rome" (HBR bitstream passthrough) is pretty much the same in all Intel DisplayAudio drivers, as its functioning standard is ~8 years old. And this stuff "accidentally" worked for older celeron nucs when installing DisplayAudio driver v.6.16.00.3154 - but not the previous driver or the one after. They had it working, thus they intenionally disabled it again. Ergo sum, the driver devs knows exactly what was done to make it work, and disable it again. Personally I'd be willing to put money on it being pretty much as simple as a " if Hardware_ID = # then set function 1 / enabled" (or exact opposite - if, then set 0") - as this is an almost decade old standarized, basic element of the Intel graphics setup. And I'm not much a gambling man.

Chris_V_Intel

I have not forgotten about this. I am still trying.

PSeam
Beginner

What would be useful is to know at what stage the discussions are at.

RAlth
Beginner

cvare ,

I wish I had not read the INTEL bulldust about the NUC being good as I wend and bought 1 !!!

If I'd have seen this thread before trying it out, I would have returned it and bought the I3 one.

Intel has lost me as a customer forever, hello AMD

EStar1
Beginner

I have now waited 6 MONTHS for Intel to pull their heads out of their a$$es to get this resolved, and still nothing - just updates, emtpy promises and sandbagging that it's still being looked into until we, the consumer, finally give up.. I too, will be looking elsewhere. I can't help but feel cheated, when buying a brand new product only to find out it has been purposely crippled in order to boost sales of the higher end models... despicable.

idata
Community Manager

A month passed since my last post and still not right drivers.

INTEL

Chris_V_Intel

Ha! Funny graphic.

Guys, I am doing EVERYTHING I can, to get this done. After a long time, it seems progress is being made, but it is beyond my control and I can't give a date.

As I've said before, I'm an audio aficionado as well, and have NOT given up on this!

EStar1
Beginner

Hi cvare,

That's just it - we keep being strung along by updates of no substance.. When you say progress is being made, what progress? a.) Are they planning on develeoping a driver? b.) Are they in the process of developing a driver? c.) Have they actually developed a driver and is now in the testing phase? Progress could mean anything!? All we want to know is whether Intel is actually actively working on one. Look, I appreciate it's a big corporation, but still.

And do you actually work for Intel, or are you one of us, disgruntled consumers?

Thanks

ALore1
Beginner

Hey Guys!

I don't believe that we will get this working someday. Intel crewed it up.

My hope lies in the new AMD Stoney Ridge APU's. Especially the E2-9210/E2-9010. HEVC 10-bit Support, HD-Audio passthrough, 4k HW-acceleration, HDMI 2.0. Sounds promising.

Still using AMDs Brazo E-350 and it works fine for fullHD Video ans HD passtrough.

EStar1
Beginner

So I've been busy this past weekend, playing with my NUC, the 5PPYH, to see some things for myself. I run Windows 8.1 off of a SSD hard drive, but I decided to install OpenElec and run that from an USB 3.0 flash drive. OpenElec has a tiny footprint.. Anyway, I then loaded the PleXBMC add-on, and set ALL the audio output options to passthrough. I can now bistream DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, heck, it even passed through a Dolby Atmos soundtrack(!!) and my Denon AVR-X2200W receiver confirms this. So again, the hardware is adequately capable of passing through/bitstreaming the HD soundtracks(as has been said before on this forum by others) The issue here is a purposely crippled Windows driver...

Nuff said.

JSkau
New Contributor II

Please read the thread, all this (and more) is well known and documented. Its functions has been acknowledged, and cvare says they're pushing for a new driver. When/if is hard to make any promises about unless you're writing and publishing those drivers yourself.

Now we're playing the waiting game. Personally I think its been way too long, but there really isn't much more we can do at this point - than wait. And hope cvare manages to pull this off. Sure you can go with linux or a different, non-intel-nuc-board-platform hardware manufacturer - but that is hardly the point of this thread, now is it. We're all here to get the hardware we already have, working as it should and is fully capable of.

Regards,

Jan

EStar1
Beginner

I hear what you're saying Pr0xzen, but it has to be said that 6 months in IT is a very long time... Anyway, I'm over this and have moved on. Personally, I don't think they'll enable this functionality in a future driver revision anyway...

Peace

QL
Beginner

This sucks! I just bought one of these and was counting on using it with my home theater. I googled and found this thread and now stuck with this issue. I didn't ever think it would be an issue when my 5 year old laptop can handle bitstream passthrough, but this brand new NUC can't!!! What's going on here!!!!!

CBurk2
Beginner

Oh boy... I wonder will we get a driver before the new Celeron NUCs come out... NUC6CAYS with 7.1 via HDMI 2.0...

http://www.fanlesstech.com/2016/07/exclusive-kaby-lake-apollo-lake-nuc.html FanlessTech: EXCLUSIVE: Kaby Lake / Apollo Lake NUC specs

JMous
Novice

As it seems so far we won't get the new drivers till then.

I wonder if the new generation will ever support HD audio passthrough on Windows as well or are we going to get the same disabled drivers

JMous
Novice

Yet another week goes by without any solutions in sight

Chris_V_Intel

I have not given up. This isn't dead. I will let you know either way.

CBurk2
Beginner

Hi cvare,

Just curious what kind of update can you provide... is there a queue of features that you add stuff to, do you speak to the development teams that work with the products etc

Chris_V_Intel

So I've been able to get the GFX team to look at this. Again I can't promise it will be fixed, but we've opened a case to try.

We do have some features we really try to push for and make work, but of course it can't always happen due to the fact that different teams have different priorities.

I really am pushing this one hard, and there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. I WILL let you know either way.

Thank you theaccent for your nice "reminders".