Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11282 Discussions

How to get rid of the gray box covering one-third of my screen?

AArmo
Beginner

About a month ago, my computer had suddenly-I hadn't dropped my laptop or anything-had gotten a opaque, gray box covering the whole left third of my screen and hasn't gone away since. I can still access folders under it by clicking at random, but otherwise I can't do anything with it. Iv'e been looking for ways to get a screen snip of it, but cannot access the task to do such. If anyone has any information regarding what I might be able to do to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and let me know if you have any follow up questions!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This forum is for Intel NUCs. Contact the manufacturer of your laptop for support.

Doc

LeonWaksman
Super User

You may return to the last working configuration from Advanced Option Menu:

1.    Open Windows Settings Update & Security

2.    Click on Recovery.

3.    Click/tap on Restart now under Advanced startup. Your laptop should restart into Advanced Menu

4.    Click/tap on Troubleshoot.

5.    Click/tap on Advanced options.

6.    Click/tap on System Restore (use a restore point recorded on your PC to restore Windows to the working state).

7.    If prompted, click/tap on an administrator and follow the instruction on screen. Select the restore point form the list.

8.    After few Nexts, click Finish confirmed by Yes - the restore will start.

9.    Your PC will now restart and perform a System Restore. 

10. When the System Restore has completed successfully, click/tap on Restart.

Hope this helps

Leon