Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
景邱
Beginner

How to install Windows7 on the NUC8i7HVK PC?

Jump to solution

Excuse me,How can I install Windows 7 on a NUC8i7HVK PC? Because many of my office software can't be used in windows10, I can't do it. I beg you to help!

请问如何在NUC8i7HVK的PC中安装windows7?因为我办公的很多软件在windows10中无法使用,我想尽了办法还是不可以。恳求大家帮忙!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors.

Install Windows 10 Pro, turn on Hyper-V, and install a Windows 7 virtual machine. Then, run that office software in the W7 VM.

Doc

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors.

Install Windows 10 Pro, turn on Hyper-V, and install a Windows 7 virtual machine. Then, run that office software in the W7 VM.

Doc

View solution in original post

VSans
Beginner

The truth of the matter is Intel has sold you out to Microsoft:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2017/03/17/microsoft-admits-forcing-more-users-onto-windows-1... 4ec34e2e780f Microsoft Admits Forcing More Users Onto Windows 10

Microsoft is having a hard time getting users to adopt Windows 10 because of the data-stealing and loss of integrity.

On the other hand, Intel does not want Microsoft to use ARM CPU's

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/24/17776668/intel-microsoft-surface-go-arm-processor-choice Intel reportedly convinced Microsoft not to choose ARM for Surface Go - The Verge

How do you think these type of deals happen? By selling out the consumer... There is zero technical reason why windows 7 doesn't work on this hardware. There are the following drivers for Windows 7:

USB3

NVMe

My company bought 12 of these fully loaded - we are happily returning them. If more people would do the same Intel would get the hint to stop treating its users as a pawn. This post will get deleted so copy and share and spread the word.