Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AS_2
Beginner

Huge problem with Intel NUC NUC7PJYH2. No image!!!

Jump to solution

Hello!!!

I ordered this computer, as well as RAM: Kingston HyperX Impact 4GB DDR4 SO-DIMM C14 2400...2 pieces.

Through the laptop Asus, on a hard disk WD Black 500 Gb, I installed the original Windows 10 Pro.

Then I installed a memory, a hard disk, connected a monitor, turned on the PC, and the words "No signal" on the screen !!!!!

I also connected my PC to three televisions and there was also no image!

Even the screen with the BIOS settings !!!

I went to the store and connected the PC to the monitors with HDMI, and again "No Signal" !!!

I removed the jumper from BIOS, inserted in a different way, nothing helps!

The PC did not blink with any errors, I checked it by removing both dies of RAM.

What should I do!?

This PC was quite expensive, I waited for it for a month and now I just can't turn it on !!!

Why produce such bad products?

The PC must have passed the tests before it was packed for sale.

Even the keyboard and mouse does not work when turned on !!! LEDs are off. So ports USB also do not work.

If the problem is in the drivers, then how to install them by connecting a hard disk to a laptop?

Or do I need to make a special bootable USB flash drive?

Or my PC is generally defective ???

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Likely, your problem is incompatible RAM. To test, remove the SODIMMs and power on NUC. You should see three flashes on the power LED. Now reinstall SODIMMs and power on NUC. Do you also see the three flashes? If so, then the issue is incompatible RAM.

You should not (ever!) set up a disk image on one machine and then try to use this image on another machine. This rarely works and can cause all sorts of compatibility issues (even after attempts to load proper drivers). You should get Windows installation ISO and install it onto a USB flash disk. Install blank SSD into NUC and this flash disk into USB port. Boot from flash disk and install Windows to SSD.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Likely, your problem is incompatible RAM. To test, remove the SODIMMs and power on NUC. You should see three flashes on the power LED. Now reinstall SODIMMs and power on NUC. Do you also see the three flashes? If so, then the issue is incompatible RAM.

You should not (ever!) set up a disk image on one machine and then try to use this image on another machine. This rarely works and can cause all sorts of compatibility issues (even after attempts to load proper drivers). You should get Windows installation ISO and install it onto a USB flash disk. Install blank SSD into NUC and this flash disk into USB port. Boot from flash disk and install Windows to SSD.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

AS_2
Beginner

Yes, the problem was in incompatible memory (

But it is strange that with the installed memory Hyper, the PC did not blink errors.

And only when I completely removed the memory.