Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I am thinking about buying a used NUC7i5DNKE. Spec says it has 1 M.2 SSD drive. In Expansion Options it mentions a M.2 Card Slot (storage) 22x80 (key M) slot. Do i have to buy this? or... I want to add a second SSD.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Hello @PCabl​ 

1. If I understand correctly your question you want to buy NUC7i5DNKE and install two SSD drives. The NUC7i5DNKx has two versions:
  • NUC7i5DNKE is the "lower" version, where only one SSD can be installed in M.2 slot. This SSD can have SATA interface or can NVME type and use PCI interface (much faster) .
  • NUC7i5DNKH is the "toller" version that in addition to M.2 slot where you can install SSD similar to NUC7i5DNKE, it contains drive bay, where you can add a second SSD or even HDD. The second SSD can be only SATA and have to have dimensions like 2.5" HDD.

Leon

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks, I know the NUC7I5DNHE is a bit higher and has a SATA slot.​ The one for sale is a KE, so only one slot. More generally then, in the spec for any NUC there is always a section "Expansion Options". What are these options, how do you use them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

NUC7i5DNKE is a kit without memory and drive. One M.2 slot (with key type M) may be used for connecting SSD drive, while the other M.2 slot (with key type E) is used by pre installed Wireless Module. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC7i5DN_TechProdSpec.pd...

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II

Dawson Canyon has two m.2 slots. However, only one is for storage. The second, smaller slot is pre-populated with an m.2 wifi card. That m.2 slot only supports wifi cards.

0 Kudos