Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I am using the Intel Software Update Tool and I keep getting a Software Update Notification for a Driver that is incompatible with my NUC Model. How can I stop it from displaying each time I do an Update?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Please download and update the Intel DSA with the latest version.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi @TImbr​,

It would help others to assist you, if you mention the model code of your NUC.

I have had the same problem with my NUC8i5BEH (and some others have the same problem on several NUCs).

Please check if this driver is compatible to your model and install it. This was solving the problem with the graphics driver on my NUC.

@LWAKSMAN

Intel has unfortunately once again made a mess.

The IDSA version is not the problem (I had the latest version and yet I couldn't install the graphics drivers).

There are also problems with BIOS 0079 for NUC8i*BEH models.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II

I concur with the two users (not Intel). My NUC8i7BEH shows an update for both graphics driver and BIOS, but neither install properly. The error from the graphics install says:

Error

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.

Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will exit.

Would you like more information?

Click Yes to be directed to the Intel support website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi @DHoga2​,

You can use this driver package for your NUC8i7BEH.

Solved the problem on my NUC8i5BEH.

For BIOS Update there seems to be a workaround by disabling secure boot in the BIOS before flashing to 0079 and than re enable secure boot. But for me it seems to be better to wait for a fully functional update for the BIOS. Intel is already investigating on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Several other forum threads discuss both problems.

For the BIOS problem, wait for Intel to provide a properly signed BIOS update. BECFL357.86A Version 0079 is does not have a required validation signature. Don't disable Secure Boot - just wait a few days until Intel fixes this.

The display driver update might also have a signature issue, but this workaround is safe: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004f1FK0SAM/why-wont-intel-graphics-windows-10-dch-driver...

0 Kudos