Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mciss2
Beginner

I built a Nuc in an Akasa Fanless chassi. I cannot set decent fan stop temperatures in Bios, thus the fan is always ON. Is there a possibility to tell the fan not to be ON unless CPU temperature is above 60Degree celsius?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What are you talking about? If it is in an Akasa fanless chassis, there is no fan.

...S

LeonWaksman
Super User

Just to add to Scott's post. If the Akasa chassi is fanless, you may disconnect/remove the fan (if you have any still mounted on the board). However, if you want still keep the fan, depends of the board model you have and the bios installed, you may enter bios settings Advanced>Cooling and you may check field: Fan off capability and in field Fan Off Temperature set value 50. In addition the field Minimum temperature you may set to 60. All those settings may be set after choosing Custom Fan Control Mode.

Leon

Mciss2
Beginner

Thank you for the feedback.

I added a M.2 capture card, thus a fan is needed some times otherwise it gets too hot.

Leon, your suggestion does not work. Bios wont let me set Fan Off Temperature values over 48 in Custom Fan Control Mode. Maximum is 48 with latest bios update.

LeonWaksman
Super User

I understand. O.K. May be 48 Deg will be enough to switch of the fan if you change the Primary Temperature Sensor to Memory instead to Processor?

Leon

Mciss2
Beginner

It really seems Intel does not allow to go beyond certain limitation. I will probably have to leave with the fan running at 4000RPM all the time. Its a pitty though.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Did you try to change the Primary Temp. Sensor in BIOS settings?

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

One thing more. If you will set the Minimum Temperature to 80 and the Minimum Duty Cycle to 20, the blower will run with lower RPM.

Leon

Mciss2
Beginner

yes leon this setting works! I set the Minimum Temperature to 80 and the Minimum Duty Cycle to 20 and sensor to PCH and FAN RPM dramatically decreases. This is something I can live with. Thank you for this advice