Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

I can't set up a custom plan for cooling mode. I need your help!

Hi there!

My issue: After I found out some custom programs in this forum, which appearently work really fine, I wanted to give those a try. I have tried to set a custom cooling program withouth success. It doesnt matter the values I set, I dont see a change in the fan speed (using HWInfo64). The lowest temperature I can achieve is by using the cool mode and not with these custom programs. The fan is not increasing its speed as it should. I also have noticed a delay between the increase of temperature and the response of the fan no matter the mode I choose.

Everything in my NUC8i3BEH is up to date except from the last version of Windows 10. I dont care about noise, I would like to achieve the lowest temperature for my CPU, specially now in summer.

I read somewhere here that this Fan controll issue was already solved with the BIOS version 0078. But not for me... I also tried loading the default settings before setting the custom program but same result.

I deeply appreciate any help! Thanks

Joan

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Explain yourself better. What did you try to set the configuration to? Take a picture of the BIOS settings scene for the fan control and post it here.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your interest once again.

I would like to use Leons plan for the cooling mode but instead of 80°C as top Temperature I would take 65 °C. I proceed as follows:

- Enter BIOS with F2

- Load defaults settings (F9) followed by saving and exit.

- Enter again into the BIOS with F2 and create the cooling plan. Save and exit.

- When I go into Windows 10 I checked if the plan shows a different behaviour but this behaviour matches the cooling plan prior to the custom one (So if I changed for example from balanced mode to custom one, it will keep on behaving as a balanced mode). 

Sorry for the quality of the images, I just made pictures with my phone ( I don't know yet how to do printscreen inside BIOS). One pic is for the Cool mode and the other is for the Custom plan I would like to test.

Thanks for the support and have a nice day!

Joan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok. Intel Customer Support will need to take this issue back to the development team for address.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Ok, thanks.  Should I contact them? Or will they check this post?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

They are supposed to check the post (I bolded the name so they would spot it). You can always call them; it may accelerate this process.

...S

Highlighted

Hello saturn32, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to thank you for the information provided.  

We will do further research and update this thread as soon as possible. 

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

Highlighted
Novice

Hi Esteban,

thanks a lot for your quick answer and  interest in this matter.

If you need any aditional info just let me know. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Joan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello saturn32,

Thank you for your patience.

To better assist you I would like to confirm some additional information from you:

• Please confirm the BIOS version of the unit. Is it version 0081?
  • Please provide a screenshot of the fan behavior from the software that you are using to monitor the system.

We will provide an update as soon as possible.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Esteban,

The machine is updated, so the BIOS version is already the 0081. This behaviour was confirmed also with previous BIOS versions.

FullScan-monitoring-example.jpg

I did this screenshot while doing a full scan of Windows 10 Security. The custom mode for this was:

Primary: Processor

Fan Off Capability: disabled

Min. T: 65

Min. Cycle: 35

Cycle increment: 4

Secondary: Memory

Min. T: 55

Cycle: 35

Cycle increment: 4

The behaviour you can observe fits for the cool mode I set up before the custom one. 

On top of this, as I mentioned previously, I noticed there is a delay between temperature raise and the fan response. I would say this delay is getting bigger, but could be just my impression. If I let the full scan keeps on, the temperature goes up to 90s. I also get this 90s °C peak for a few seconds until the cycle has been increased when I run certain saturn emulator. But apart from that, the system runs quite chilled, even browsing or Netflixing. Rarely it goes above 60-70 °C.

Joan 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello saturn32,

Thank you for the additional information provided.

We will do further research on this and we will provide an update as soon as possible.

Esteban D.

Highlighted

Hello saturn32,

I would like to further investigate this for you, so I will send a private email requesting some personal information in order to find a resolution for this. 

Esteban D.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Were you able to check my message requesting the information?  

Let me know if you need more assistance.  

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all,

We are currently investigating this issue. We will get back to the community as soon as we have any update

Esteban D.

Highlighted

Hello all, 

This issue has been resolved by working directly with the community post originator, if your system is experiencing the same behavior please contact Intel Customer Support in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Feel free to reference this post once you reach out to Intel Customer Support. 

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello saturn32, 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos