Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I cannot find the S5 Power Button LED options S5 Brightness - S5 Blinking/fade - S5 Color on new NUC BIOS BOXNUC8i5BEK

We have a product embedding a NUC inside. We used to have NUC Gen7, now transitioning to Gen 8. Our product has a deported power button wired back on the internal NUC header. We need this Power Button LED settings to be always static and blue even when the NUC is off (but connected to the power socket).

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

What BIOS version are you using?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

BIOS Version: BECFL357.86A.0078.2020.0309.1538

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I thought that could be set under Advanced/Power in the BIOS, but now I look at it there are no settings for the behaviour of the power button LED under S5 (off). There are setting there to have the LED static blue under S3 (sleep), and you can set the NUC to auto-boot so that it's never in S5, but I'm guessing that's not what you want.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello PJacq2,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information:

Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Go to BIOS > Advanced > Power > and take a picture of the Primary and Secondary Power Settings.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello PJacq2,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello PJacq2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please start a new thread, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Did you disable Modern Standby? S1-5 modes will not work or be exposed when this is enabled.

0 Kudos