Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enet
Beginner

I defined in BIOS that the system will go up quickly, and since then I have not been able to enter the BIOS settings! Is there a way to enter BIOS settings without resetting the BIOS?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes - and, in fact, there are two ways to accomplish this:

1. From Windows 10, you can request that Windows 10 shutdown and enter BIOS Setup. Here are the steps:
    1. Navigate to Settings / Update & Security.
    2. Select Recovery.
    3. Select Advanced Startup.
    4. Select Restart Now.
    5. Select Troubleshoot.
    6. Select Advanced Options.
    7. Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
    8. Select Restart.
  2. From S5 (the powered off state), press and hold the Power Button for exactly 3 seconds. This should cause the system to display the Power Button Menu (though it may take a few seconds to appear). Pressing the F2 key while in this menu will take you into BIOS Setup. Now, getting exactly 3 seconds is easier said than done. If you hold it for 4 seconds, a chipset feature will cause the system to power off again. In this case, just try again. Now, there are also beeps generated and the power button may go amber colored to signal you have held it long enough, but this is not consistently implemented across all NUC BIOSs, so I won't be specific about it here (you can look it up in the Technical Product Specification (TPS) document for your NUC if you wish.

Now, just a comment: Thanks to optimizations implemented in UEFI, the Fast Start capability does not really speed up the boot process all that much. Considering the inconveniences also created by enabling this feature, I consider it just not worth it...

Hope this helps,

...S

enet
Beginner

Thank you very much, I am after on computing dental clinics and have more than 30 NUCs there, when I am in the clinics I will test your solution and also implement your recommendation, you can not do this in remote BIOS And thank you again ...Sorry for my bad English, I speak Hebrew and I translate on Google Eli Cohen Gindi ‫בתאריך יום א׳, 20 בינו׳ 2019 ב-22:33 מאת ‪Intel Forums‬‏ <‪ supportreplies@intel.com‬‏>:‬