Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_T_Intel1
Employee

I have 2 brand new, out of the x, Hades Canyon Nuc's.

I have 2 brand new, out of the x, Hades Canyon Nuc's.  I had been trying to apply a windows Image to them but they were interrupted durring the process and I was not able to assign the correct name to them. The Image I Applied was also wrong initially. It was not an EFI image like I was supposed to install. I am now trying to apply a windows image to them but when I try to access the Boot menu by pressing F2, the screen freezes. I get to the bios menu screen but both the keyboard and mouse do not work in the menu so I cannot navigate within it. any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I have a Hades Canyon nuc, and have not experienced this situation.

Are you using a wired or wireless mouse and keyboard?

Have you tried updating the bios via F7? Or, the recovery method? I recommend you update the bios via the recovery method.

If you do not know where to get the latest bios, provide your nuc model number.

For the usb stick, format it as fat32 on a PC, not a mac or linux machine.

To install windows 10 1809, review this procedure:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Icw2bSAB/problems-with-microsoft-supplied-windows-10-i...

Doc

John_T_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for writing back. I am new to this and your help is appreciated.

-I do not know where to go to get the latest bios, My nuc model number is : NUC8HV

-I am using a wired mouse and wired keyboard.

-The USB device is formated as FAT32 and has been done on a PC

-Update: I have found that I am able to get to the Boot menu by mashing the F10 key. From there I am able to navigate to my USB stick with the image on it. I am using an EFI Image ( I am not sure what that means yet but apparently that is what needs to be used when imaging the Hades Canyon Nuc)

- It goes through most of the imaging process but then hangs at a black screen with the words "A bootable device has not been detected."

AlHill
Super User

Where did you get the bios you are trying to install?

The latest can be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28642/BIOS-Update-HNKBLi70-86A-?product=126143

Do the nucs have a SSD installed? What about memory? You must provide the complete model number. If the nucs are new, out of the box, you should have this information on the box.

Did these nucs come with Windows 10 preinstalled?

From where did you get the image you are trying to install?

There seems to be a lot missing from this effort. Describe in detail exactly what you have, from where it came, and why you are doing this.

Doc

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JTrul, Were you able to check Al.Hill's post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JTrul, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation