Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I have INTEL NUC - D34010WYK, the HDD SATA controller issue

Does anyone know if I can replace the controller for SATA - HDD for my INTEL NUC D34010WYK?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

No, this cannot be done.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Replace the controller? What do you mean? While you do have a SATA connector on your NUC's board, you have a low-profile chassis that does not have a drive bay to hold the SATA drive. Or are you talking about the mPCIe connector that allows you to use a mSATA drive?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

So, my NUC pc is D34010WYK and, yes, have a drive bay to connect an HDD 2.5 inch, additional of the mSATA connector on the mainboard.

My issue is that from a time the HDD is not recognized any more. I already give an picture of the controller which I believe is not working properly.

Can I procure this component from INTEL, since is the manufacturer of this PC - D34010WYK?

Thnaks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Ah, you have a D34010WYKH, not a D34010WYK. That's the version with the hard drive bay.

These units were EOLed long ago. All stocks of the replacement I/O board have subsequently been exhausted. Someone was looking for one a few months ago. The development team could ​not find even a single board.

S​orry,

...S

0 Kudos