Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I have a NUC 8i5BEH with Windows 10.0.18363 Build 18363. I have a Dell Ultrasharp U2719DX 27-Inch WQHD 2560x1440Monitor. The NUC is connected to the monitor via the Display Port, not via HDMI.

In Windows device manager it shows Audio Input as "Dell U2719DX (7-Intel Display Audio". When I first installed windows 10, sound worked fine. After updating windows and loading the latest Intel drivers for my NUC, I rebooted and the sound disappeared. It still shows the same in device manager and in Sound Settings, but no audio.

If run the same setup in Mac or Linux, sound works fine.

It would have to be some type of Windows or Dell software issue I believe.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Len

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Hello LDozo,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration. Please provide us with the following information:

• Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

• For testing purposes, are you able to enable HDMI* audio in Windows* 10?
  • Please attach pictures of the audio configuration your computer displays in Device Manager and Sound options.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I reinstalled Windows 10.

After the install I have everything working. I have not allowed Windows to do any updates. I have not installed any drivers through the Intel website.

If I let windows install the latest update KB4556799 I will lose my audio. Everything will look the same in Settings and Device manager, except I lose the Microphone array driver, and thats when I lose audio.

I think the problem is with the new Realtek drivers.

I tried to upload 3 screenshots and the Scan you asked for, but it wont let me upload multiple files.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Len

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here is the scan:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here is another screenshot:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

And another:

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello LDozo,

Thank you for your response.

If you are not using the audio jack, then your setup via DisplayPort* should work. Our recommendation is that you make sure your drivers are up to date. You can download them from the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/.

• First, load BIOS default settings.
  1. Press F2 to enter Intel® Visual BIOS.
  2. Press F9 to restore BIOS factory default values.
  3. Press F10 to save and exit Intel Visual BIOS.

Then, try updating the drivers.

• Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers for Intel® NUC Version: 26.20.100.8141
  • Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for NUC8i7BE, NUC8i5BE, NUC8i3BE Version: 6.0.8716.1
  • Are you able to enable HDMI* audio in Windows* 10?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello LDozo,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello LDozo,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please start a new thread, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos