Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I have a NUC8I7BEH (Iris Plus 655). I've had repeated problems where the monitor will not wake up after the PC attempts to enter sleep mode (the computer isn't actually asleep). Has anyone found a resolution?

There were at least two driver updates since I started having the problem - the most recent update was 8151 - but I have to roll all the way back to version 7529 (dated 11/13/2019) to get rid of the problem.

84 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I have a NUC8i5BEH and have exactly the same issue with any Intel graphics driver later than 7529. I'm sure we're not the only ones, but 7529 is the latest driver offered by Windows Update so I would imagine most users would still be using that. Do you connect your NUC to your monitor using Displayport? I do and found with drivers later than 7529 when the monitor turns off it keeps coming back on, after a couple of seconds and cycles continuously. I had to swap it for an HDMI cable and that worked fine - but I still have the display wake-up problem each morning.

Highlighted
New Contributor I

I connect via HDMI. Do you happen to be using a Dell monitor and their software?

Regarding 7529 build... there was even an update that specifically said "will solve wake issues"... but it didn't. Seen all kinds of suggestions about turning off FastBoot, turning off HIbernate mode, disabling Link State Power Management... none of them work. any driver after 7529 causes the screen wake porblem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

My monitor is an LG UHD 24UD58 - a 4K display with HDMI and Displayport inputs. It doesn't sound like it would be monitor specific anyway. The wake up issue is there whether I use displayport or HDMI.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Re: Dell DisplayMate just curious because the "flashing" issue I saw at one point but in my case this was Dell DisplayMate. Uninstalling it resolved.

My guess is that whatever the problem is, it happens when the PC attempts to sleep, as the PC itself is awake, though the monitor isn't. I can even RDP into the machine, but I see a black screen... which tells me it's the display driver.

Highlighted
Beginner

Same problem here. NUC goes into sleep mode, wakes up, but monitor will not, and "No Signal" message shows.

NUC: NUC8i7BEH

Monitor: XR382CQK 

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hello All,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". \
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

I would like to confirm the following:

• Are the monitors straight connected with a single cable that has the same connection type in both ends? 
  • Does this behavior happen using any video port of the NUC?
  • So taking in consideration that this behavior does not happen with driver version 7529 and it happens with any new driver I was wondering if the same happens with this latest driver for this NUC 26.20.100.7985? please confirm it.

Regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

The continual cycling of monitor on and off after 10 minutes (the time set in Windows power settings) only happens when I use a USB-C -> displayport cable. If I switch to an HDMI cable the problem goes away. The inability to come out of sleep mode after a long period (like overnight), however, happens with either cable. I confirm the problem is there with 26.20.100.7985 and 8141.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Same experience here as far as 7985. I would add that Intel Driver & Support Assistant is rather inconsistent with itself (it shows 7529 as "up to date") and with Windows Update (which was stuck in a loop installing the same driver over and over again - so I disabled driver delivery via Windows Update.

Will post an SSU ASAP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Here is the output from SSU, attached.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Interesting that the ssu file says the driver I am using is 26.20.100.7985. This is not the case. I have attached a screenshot of the graphics section of device manager to show I am in fact running 7259 (with no issues).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I'm sure SSU shows you what version is "installed" and doesn't see that you rolled back the driver in Device Manager. My SSU in fact shows 8151 installed, but just like you I rolled it back to 7529 in Device Manager.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello All,

Thank you for the information.

We will take a look into this, please allow me some time to update the thread.

Regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Any progress on this issue yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same issues which I reported here - DP monitor wakes every 30s in Windows Powersave mode

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Over a month now and no signs of progress on this issue. What steps have you taken to resolve it? What has been done so far? Has it been assigned to anyone to even look into? An update would be useful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm having the same problem now, after having updated the BIOS to 0081 on 7th June, 2200 hrs. My Panasonic TV won't show any display once display goes off, as per settings. My NUC's HDMI is connected to my Yamaha Receiver, which provides my Panasonic TV a passthrough via another HDMI. Have had to force shutdown my NUC at 3 different instances because of this. For the time being, I've had to change my Win 10 power settings to 'never'. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

The solution for now is to install an older graphics driver, 7529. Hopefully Intel will come up with something which allows us to use the current drivers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi everyone,

I am really sorry for all the effort that you have gone through dealing with this issue, we are aware of it and currently working on a solution but this may take some extra time.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Well ok then but why was the associated support case closed? Just noticed that today. Did Intel just give up?

0 Kudos