Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I have a NUC8i7HVK with both the intel and RX Vega graphics installed. How can I make my older games run on the Intel graphics card? I can't seem to find that option and none of my old games run on the Vega chip. thanks in advance, Vander

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

ControlPanelDeviceManager.pngHere's something to try. I don't have any older games to test with and not sure if this will work.

1. Open your control panel
  2. Go to Device Manager (not Devices and Printers)
  3. Scroll to Device adapters
  4. Open the little chevron
  5. Right-click on the Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics and select disable

Alternative to steps 1 & 2, type in devmgmt.msc in the search

Your screen will refresh and likely will not have the same resolution as you had before.

Good Luck

Highlighted
Beginner

I'll give it a shot now... hopefully disabling the RX and a reboot will help.

By the way, where can I find the Intel graphics settings menu? There used to be a nice app with scaling options, but I cannot find it at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

@MLevi​  - no luck. I was hoping that the intel GPU settings option would pop up somewhere in the control panel so I can tweak some options, but I can only find the Vega settings :(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

vvare,

I noticed that too, when I disabled the Radeon - no display tool from Intel. I miss it on this platform.

Setting up a virtual machine might be another approach.

As for the Intel Display Tool - Intel or someone more "in-the-know" than I am, will need to respond.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi guys,

Sorry to say, but there's no way to do this.

This NUC does not have the internal (Intel) Graphics hooked up to any outputs, it's use is pretty much limited solely to Intel(r) Quick Sync.

The only idea I have is uninstall the Radeon GFX driver and maybe they'll play on the Windows default GFX driver?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

@ChrisV_Intel - this is so disappointing. My old NUC6i5SYK run perfectly on intel graphics. It is sad to see a premium NUC perform worst than the standard NUC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

@vvare​ But the NUC8i7HVK was just reviewed by PC World as the #1 gaming machine, in Australia. :-)

(

https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/650323/editor-choice-awards-2018-part-five-computers/

the larger review is here:

https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/intel/hades-canyon-nuc/643509/

)

Noticeably absent from the 2019/2020 Intel line up, is the pairing of the Radeon/Intel graphics. It seems that relationship, for now, is over.

I don't need the Radeon either for my use cases, but for VR, likely necessary on this design.

0 Kudos