Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDean
New Contributor II

I have a Nuc8i7hvk. I have it attached, along with the the monitor( a Samsung NU8000 TV) to an APC UPS Backup-Ups 1000. . Any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated. TIA

what do I need to set and where to prevent this from happening?At this point both the monitor and NUC, both of which have been turned OFF, turn on.... Instead of using the default win10Pro 1809 default UPS software I am using the APC Powerchute. Should I put the NUC back on the default Win10pro 1809 software and see if that helps any?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You have a cable connecting the APC unit to the PC via USB, right? What you probably need to do is disable this particular USB port as a source for wake events. I believe that you can do this for the individual port by entering Visual BIOS, navigating to Advanced / Devices / USB and then setting the port that the UPS is connected to the No Detect setting. You can also remove all USB ports as a source for wake events by navigating to Advanced / Power and then checking (enabling) Deep S4/S5. Understand that you can then only wake the system from the S4 (Hibernate) and S5 (Off) states using the Power Button, Wake-on-LAN or Real-Time Clock (RTC) events.

Hope this helps,

...S

TDean
New Contributor II

Yes. the UPS is connected by usb cable. I was able to do the Advanced/Power/ checking the Deep S4/S5. I was unable to do anything with the Advanced/Devices/USB setting as it shows just 7 usb ports, 1 thru 7.......according to USBTreeViewer on win10Pro1809 The UPS is on Usb Port 10 of 24 possible ports as shown by UsbTreeViewer? I have attached text file for you to look at for any possible analysis you might have. In the meantime I'm going to post this over on the APC forum to see if they have any info that may be applicable to this. Thanks for your help so far.

Terry

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I agree that there is a problem determining which is which. I went through Technical Product Spec, User's Guide, Integration Guide, BIOS Glossary and could not find any pertinent information. I am asking the design folks for more information...

...S

TDean
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help on this.​

KenF_Intel

Hi TDean. Did you get any info from APC on this? Are you still looking for a solution to this issue?

TDean
New Contributor II

No I did not. I removed the APC Powerchute software and went back to using the Windows 10 default . I haven't had an occurrence, where the UPS clicks on and off while the system is turned off to see if this has made any difference. In fact, although I thought I had it turned off, it turns out that it was actually in Hibernation mode. You can close this item out if you want to.

KenF_Intel

Thanks TDean. You can always reopen this issue by just adding a new comment to this thread