Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have a regular problem with my Nuc After exit from sleep mode (usually more then 1-2 hours) my monitor shows me red colors... (see picture) Temporarily help reboot pc or pull out|in hdmi cable.

New drivers or change cable|cable type not help.

System: NUC8i7HVK

Video:

Intel HD Gr. 630

Radeon RX Vega M GH Gr.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Get a quality HDMI cable.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Two different cables & Dispaly-port. The same

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. Download the latest Adrenaline Driver Version 20.2.2.
  2. Open Apps and Features (Windows Settings) and uninstall currently installed AMD Software. Reboot your NUC.
  3. Install the previously downloaded Adrenaline Driver version 20.2.2.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It seems.. not work. Red color change to cyan :|

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. Download Intel System Support Utility (SSU).
  2. Run the SSU scan and save the results.
  3. Using "paper clip", attach the file with the results to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted

posted a file.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. You need perform few updates to your system:
  2. Start with the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver you have installed is not correct driver for your NUC. So, first download the correct driver Version: 26.20.100.7870
  3. Disconnect the Internet.
  4. Open Apps and Features ( Windows Settings) and uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver. Reboot your NUC.
  5. Install the previously downloaded Intel Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7870.
  6. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your NUC.
  7. Update your Bios to version 060. Download the latest bios file HNKBLi70.86A.0060.EB.msi . Double click on HNKBLi70.86A.0060.EB.msi and follow instructions to express update of your Bios (your NUC will reboot during update.)
  8. Download and install the Chipset Software
  9. Download and install Intel Management Engine Consumer Driver . Reboot your NUC
  10. Download and install Intel Driver & Support Assistant . After installing the Intel DSA will run system scan and you will be able to finish all necessary drivers update.
  11. In the end, you run old windows version (1903). I suggest that you should update it to version 1909 (open Windows Settings, Update & Security. Click on Check for Updates.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Less, but repeat..... may be this is a hardware problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. If you performed all the steps I recommended above (i.e. checked with different cables and video ports, updated the AMD Driver, performed clean installation of the Intel Graphics Driver - per instructions in my post above), probably it is a hardware problem and you should issue an request for RMA.
  2. Before requesting RMA, I suggest update your Bios using recovery method withe Bios Security Jumper Removed:
  3. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 with Bios file HN0059.bio . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows.
  4. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the upper cover and the LED panel from your NUC. Disconnect the LED panel connector before panel removing.
  5. Remove the yellow security jumper (see Product Technical Spec, para. 2.2.3.4, page 46 ). To make this update more thorough, disconnect the CMOS battery connector and reconnect it after 15 minutes. This will reset the CMOS memory and you probably will see during first boot, warning telling about CMOS checksum error. Disregard this warning.
  6. Insert the USB with the HN0059.bio file int front right USB slot (yellow port)
  7. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
  8. When bios recovery is completed, switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) . Reinstall the LED panel and the upper cover.
  9. Power your NUC ON.
  10. Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
  11. Press F9(followed by "Y"), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by "Y"), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.
  12. If before update, you have customized bios settings, you can enter again to Bios setting to change the necessary settings. 

Leon

0 Kudos