Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PGros2
Novice

I have an Intel NUC8i7HVK running under Windows 10 Pro. All BIOS, drivers and Windows software are up-yo-date as of now. Twice, when shutting down using Windows, the box has presented me with flashing lights - left-most and centre.

I have an Intel NUC8i7HVK running under Windows 10 Pro. All BIOS, drivers and Windows software are up-yo-date as of now. Twice, when shutting down using Windows, the box has presented me with flashing lights - left-most and centre. I forced the shutdown by holding down the power button. What does all this mean please?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. The left (red) LED light indicates drive activity.
  2. The center (green) LED indicates network activity.
  3. In the case you have described, the NUC did not shut down completely. It could be because some Windows update was downloaded/installed. By forcing shutdown, you have interrupted this process. This is only a guess.

Leon

PGros2
Novice

The light bright white despite the colour settings as you describe. As well, this has happened at least twice the past few days. I noted this morning there is a BIOS update and ave applied it hopeful that it provides the solution. So far so good.