Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I have installed W10 on a NUC8i5BEK2 and updated firmware and all drivers, but there ist still a problem with my second Display which is connected via Thunderbolt-HDMI. Every few minutes the screen gets black for some seconds. HDMI Screen works fine.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted

Nimra1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to confirm, when you mentioned that you already updated the firmware, you mean the firmware of the monitor or the BIOS of the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEK?

What is the model of the monitor? Please run the firmware update for it.

In the following link you will find the latest BIOS version for the Intel® NUC, 0077:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126147/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i5BEK

Even though you said that the drivers are up to date, please make sure that the Intel® Graphics driver installed is version 26.20.100.7529:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29230/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers-for-Intel-NUC?...

Same thing with the Intel® Thunderbolt driver version 64:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28735/Thunderbolt-3-DCH-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NU...

Do you have the option to test another Thunderbolt-HDMI cable?

If you use only the Thunderbolt-HDMI monitor is the problem the same?

Was it working fine before?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Nimra1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

many thanks for your quick response. I have not checked everythying, but here some answers:

I performed the automatic update for the NUC

I have tested several Display drivers. The all have the same effect. Currently 26.20.100.7870 is installed

The flickering is independend from the Display and the cable

I will check the Thunderbolt driver as soon as possible

I have never checked Thunderbold Display standalone

I set up two identical NUC and just one had the flickering, so I changed the harddisk. After that the other NUC flickered. For me that means it is not a Hardware Problem.

Best regards

Armin

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Nimra1, You are very welcome, thank you for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, no problem, take your time and once you get the chance please let us know the results of testing the Thunderbolt driver and the Thunderbold Display standalone.

As you mentioned, based on the fact that you replaced the hard disk and the other known working Intel® NUC started to flicker it indicates that most likely this is not a hardware issue.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Nimra1, I just wanted to check if you were able to test the Thunderbolt driver also the Thunderbold Display standalone and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

many thanks for your replay. The computer is currently not available for me (Corona) I think I wil get it within the next days. I will let you know my experience.

best regards

Armin

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Nimra1, Thank you for sharing that information.

No problem at all, we completely understand the situation and the thread will remain open for as long as you need it, once you get the opportunity please let us know the outcome of the tests.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Nimra1, I just wanted to let you know that your case is still open, we will wait for you to have the option to do the tests and let us know the results.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

many thanks for you patiens, but the computer is still in the company and I have currently no acces.

best regards

Armin

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Nimra1, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

No problem at all, we just wanted to inform you know that the case will remain open until you get the chance to do the tests.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Nimra1,

I hope that you are doing well.

May I ask you if you have any update by any chance?

We understand the current situation but we are also trying not to keep that many cases open due to our limited resources. If you still have no access to the system perhaps we can close this case for now and reopen later or generate a new incident. Please let me know.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi everyone,

I am not seeing any recent activity so I am closing the internal case "conditionally", feel free to reopen when necessary or reach out to us and make reference to case 4554434.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos