Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

I have just opened my new 10i7FNH NUC to install the M.2 SSD drive. The hold down screw spins freely and cannot be removed (or tightened). I returned the NUC to Amazon and just received a replacement. It has EXACTLY the same problem.

Has no one else seen this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I have never seen this in any NUC (and I have handled many, many hundreds of almost every model). What it sounds like is the screw was replaced by someone and they used one slightly too small. Grab it with needle-nose pliers and pull up as you twist and you should be able to remove it.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I've also installed few NUCs and never have problems with the installation screw. Please see this video, showing NUC hardware integration.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Okay, my bad, folks. I was using a small phillips head screw drive and it was doing the spinning. I finally took a small jewelers screw driver and although the screw was very tight, it did unscrew. So all is well with the installation of the SSD & memory.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks Leon. I just mistook my little phillips screw driver spinning for the screw spinning. A jeweler screw drive the right size did the job - altho it was very tight. Sorry to cause the confusion.
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks Scott - sorry to have caused the confusion. Jeweler screw driver finally worked. The small phillips head I used was spinning, not the screw. I'm embarrassed.
0 Kudos