cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm unable to disable TPM/PTT at the BIOS level - FNCML357 - NUC10i7FNH

Hi,

This is Visual Bios FNCML357.0039.2020.0312.1734.

Intel Nuc NUC10i7FNH

Processor: i7-10710U

I have disabled Intel Platform Trust Technology in Visual Bios, but upon loading Windows, TPM is still active and showing up in Device Manager while it should not. Basically the checkbox isn't having any effect.

Some bitlocker setups depend on TPM being disabled at the BIOS level, which changes Windows behavior to put a full length password as key, and intentionally prevent the computer from booting if the password isn't known.

This is a fresh install, Windows 10 - Build 18363.

Can this checkbox be resolved in BIOS accordingly, so that Windows doesn't see a TPM device when this checkbox is disabled.

I've attached pictures to demonstrate the issue.

I am available to test a BIOS fix to confirm it works.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Hello WMaal,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

I've added it to the support case, let me know if that's Ok.

The number is 04634629

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello WMaal,

Please allow us to look into this issue.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Ok, Thank You.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello WMaal,

I work with Wanner and after looking into this issue for some time, we believe this is a bug in BIOS and we are filing an internal bug report to get this issue addressed, hopefully on next BIOS release.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you very much for reporting. I will keep you updated on any progress we make.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you Ronny! Much appreciated! Get Outlook for Android
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello WMaal,

I hope that you are doing well.

BIOS version 42 is already available and it addresses the issue that you reported (thanks for doing that by the way).

Please give it a try, here is the direct link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29639/BIOS-Update-FNCML357-?product=188811

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Ronny, I’m doing great, hope everything is doing good on your end! I tested it out today and it works! No more TPM appearing in Windows now. Many Thanks ! Awesome to see the process in action. Have a nice day! Wadih Maalouf
0 Kudos