- I'm not sure about what you mean saying "memory". If SO DIMM, it may work since both generations supports 1.2 V DDR4.
- However , I believe that you are intending to move your SSD drive with Windows 10 to the new NUC. Well, you will need to reactivate Windows. First, in your old NUC, login into your Microsoft Account, in order to link your Digital License to your Microsoft Account. Next, after login into Windows in your new NUC, reactivate your Windows 10. Follow Microsoft Instructions how to reactivate your Windows after hardware change.
- In addition to reactivating Windows, you will be required to install most drivers that are applicable to your new computer. Therefore, I would prefer to installing Windows (clean installation) on the new computer, reactivate Windows as described above and then install all the drivers and Bios from Intel Download Site. You may use for this Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
Thank you, Leon, for your quick reply. I will certainly follow your instructions re:
Yes, I'm transfering these:
+ HyperX Impact 16Go 2133MHz DDR4 CL13 SODIMM 260-pin Kit (2x 8Go);
+ Samsung 950PRO Disque Flash SSD interne 256 Go PCI Express Noir;
+ Samsung EVO 850 MZ-75E500B/EU Disque Flash SSD interne 2,5" 500 Go SATA III Noir.
I guess I'm asking how to do a clean installation? Would that mean transfering the above into the new NUC10, then boot from a USB key to do a clean install of windows from the USB key? Out of curiosity, if I put the above into the new NUC10 and turn on the machine, would it automatically boot to Windows? Or would I have to do something with the BIOS to get it to boot?
Sorry for all the questions, but thank you for your help!
- Prepare a backup of your current installation (to save your data).
- Install all your hardware in the new NUC and follow the instructions for clean Windows installation:
- Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool
- Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
- With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and repeatably press F10 to get Boot Menu.
- In this menu, choose UEFI option of you Installation media.
- Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
- In para. 8 you may click on I don't have a product key since you will reactivate the Windows later (do not forget to login into Microsoft account in your current installation).
- Skip on para. 12 and continue in para. 13. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
- Press Next and continue with the installation.