Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I started my new NUC, installed Win10 NL Home from USB stick, screen working as normal, rebooted the NUC for Windows updates and after the initial "Intel NUC" screen the monitor shows "no input signal", how do I get it to work again?

Technical:

NUC8i3BEH

HP HDMI to VGA adapter (P/N 700571-002)

Iiyama Prolite E2202WSV

Steps taken:

-installed win10 successfully, connected through my HDMI-VGA adapter to my screen, no issues

-ran Win10 update, on restart -> no input signal

-connected to my TV, ran all Windows updates, upgraded HDMI firmware from intel download page

-switched NUC off and reconnected to my adapter-screen: again no input signal after intial "Intel NUC" sign at startup. Can access boot menu fine, but Windows won't show up, only "no input signal"

So how do I get it to work before I decide I need to buy a new monitor which I would rather not do?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. Your monitor has two possible video inputs: Analog and Digital. Could be that now the Digital Input is set while you are connected with Analog. When the OSD Menu is OFF, pressing the Input Button will switch switch the between the video inputs.
  2. You may try to use HDMI to DVI-D Cable.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi there,

thanks for that feedback.

1) the monitor is rather simple, I pressed every button on it, but no signal is still the message. Where would I see that menu? If I connect my adapter&monitor to this laptops HDMI port (rather recent HP Pavilion), the screen works okay.

2) the monitor only has a VGA input, no DVI, s that wouldn't work.

And again: the adapter&monitor worked fine during the windows install, why wouldn't it work anymore after a reboot? What setting has changed? Any help is welcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I checked aging in the user manual. Only model E2202WS is equipped with digital input while you have E2202WSV model equipped only with analog input. Reading again your post I can see the Intel NUC logo, that means that your cable is connected and works. Something was installed during Windows update, that changes the video output in a way that can not be converted to VGA. Could be Intel Graphics Driver? Connect the NUC to your TV, disable Windows updates and from Device Manager uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver (check the "Delete ..." option). After reboot you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver. Check now if you have signal to your monitor.

Leon

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi LWAKSMAN,

thanks again! That does indeed work, see if I can keep it from updating :). Main conclusion: the MS Windows Basic Display adapter (from 2006) works and the brand new Intel Graphics Driver (from late 2019) fails miserably and gives no output signal to my monitor. IMHO that driver should just send stuff to the monitor, but I assume it's messing stuff up as it also checks for certain signals back and fails in that process... More intelligence = zero performance :(. Is there a place to file a bug-report here at Intel?

Cheers,

Koen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi Koen,

1. I'm very glad that you can see video on your monitor. In order to stop the updates of the Graphics Driver, you may download the Windows Show Hide Tool . Run this tool, click Next, then Hide updates. From the list select the Graphics Driver, click Next.
  2. I don't agree that there is problem in the Intel Driver. You are using old VGA display with modern computer. Your NUC is not supporting VGA output. The problem could be caused by the incompatibility to the HDMI to VGA adapter you are using. You may want to use Gorite VGA Lid which was designed for your NUC?
  3. In the end, you may report, if you wish the problem here.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Leon,

thanks for those insights, I'll be keeping an eye on the graphical driver. Your point 2 looks like a cool setup piece for my NUC, but I don't want to break stuff that now works. I do consider it an intel graphical driver problem (and will file it as such) as: 1) my 1/2 year old HP pavilion laptop and its drivers work fine with this connector & VGA, 2) the good old windows base 2006 driver works fine and finally 3) I expect some backward compatibility of the new drivers, would find it a waste to have to throw out my perfectly okay working monitor.

Again thanks for your help!

Koen

0 Kudos