Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

IDSA never installs new BIOS

I've had a Win 10 NUC7i5BNH for a couple years. Ever since I've had it, the Intel Driver and Support Assistant has failed to update the BIOS. The way it works is:

• IDSA says there's a BIOS update available.
  • Click Download, IDSA downloads the update
  • Click Install, it says reboot to finish installing the update
  • Click Reboot. System reboots normally, but has NOT been updated.
  • IDSA offers the same BIOS upgrade. Repeat any number of times and it does not update.

This has happened over the last 4 BIOS upgrades.

It doesn't matter if I uninstall IDSA and install the latest. I've been through many versions of IDSA. It doesn't matter if I reset BIOS settings to default.

I have been able to update the BIOS manually each time by downloading the .BIO file and installing it using the BIOS F7 option. Unfortunately I just did that and installed BN0083.bio, so I can't help reproduce this until the next update.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

CMcDo, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Even though you mentioned that you already uninstall and re-install the application, what we recommend is to, run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller Version: 20.1.5.6

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller

Then, restart and run the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version 20.8.30.6:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824

Those will be the troubleshooting steps that we recommend for this scenario. We actually recommend, as you did, to install the BIOS update manually and as you mentioned, since you already install BIOS version 0038 we will need to wait for the next update to verify if trying those steps will fix the issue. 

Normally, what follows is that if the problem remains after that, then we request the log files along with some other aspects to review the case, but, since the BIOS is already installed, then those details at this point will not indicate what might be the problem with the application.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos