Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12513 Discussions

INTEL NUC 8I3BEH NOT POWERING ON

Ksr
Beginner
Purchased intel nuc 8i3beh model 3yrs back, warranty gt expired by this February. Now nuc is not powering on, tried all troubleshooting which r available online in intel site& with online customer care support people, still no use. I took to intel service center regarding this, dey said it is out of warranty, we cannt take, I said will pay money, what ever the component cost. Still dey didn't agreed, saying intel stop supporting after warranty service/ paid service. NY question is

1. Wht if any intel product is not working after warranty, we shud through it in dustbin. No person is taking or understanding outside service technician. Can some one guide me regarding this,
I want to provide onsite paid service. Pls reply intel.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ksr,

I understand that you are looking for support regarding the issue. However, I did not provide any troubleshooting steps as @LeonWaksman provided some valid recommendations for your issue, I advise you to take a look at his comment above and let us know the outcome.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @Ksr 

Could be that the CMOS battery in your NUC is discharged and should be replaced. You should check the voltage on the battery connector (it should be 3V at least).  In order to reach this battery and its connector, you need to remove the board from the NUC case, since it is located on board upper side. If you have some technical skills, you can do this following this guide

This is an example for replacement CMOS battery.

Leon

Jean_Intel

Hello Ksr,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i3BEH not powering up.

It is important to mention that Intel does not support paying to extend the warranty of a product for which the warranty already expired.

I will reach out to you privately with further details about your issue. I would send you an Email to the address associated with your profile.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Ksr
Beginner
Thnk u for the reply, I am not asking for warranty extension by paying money, I am asking to rectify dat problem, for that ready to pay the service charge.
Jean_Intel

Hello @Ksr,

I understand that you are looking for support regarding the issue. However, I did not provide any troubleshooting steps as @LeonWaksman provided some valid recommendations for your issue, I advise you to take a look at his comment above and let us know the outcome.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

Ksr
Beginner
Local technician checked & saying, power is. Ot coming to RAM port, cud be IC problem, need to change & have to check, those ICS not available in the market, shud find out frm China. My question is, shud I TRUST. Dat is what asking resolution for post warranty problems.
Jean_Intel

Hello Ksr,

I appreciate your response.

Based on the information, I assume that the local technician means that the issue is due to the power adapter of your unit. However, there is no option for you to buy on your local market; is this assumption correct? If not, provide me with more details about the information your local technician shared with you.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

Jean_Intel

Hello Ksr,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello Ksr,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.