Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

INTEL NUC Celeron - NUC6CAYH 16GB RAM?

Good morning, my query is if I can enter 2 memories of 8gb (16gb) each in the intel NUC with celeron NUC6CAYH, I have seen that other models like GIGABYTE BRIX GB-BPCE-3455 with the same processor can support it.

Could you get some bios update that can give us that capacity?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello giovanniangeles,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Intel® NUC Kit NUC6CAYH supports up to 8 GB of system memory with two SO-DIMMs. In other words, the memory configuration you are planning on using is not supported.

Please refer to the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC6CAYS_NUC6CAYH_TechPr... Technical Product Specification > 1.4 System Memory.

You can also check these tables which show Supported/Unsupported Memory Configurations.

Table 4. Supported Memory Configurations

Table 5. Unsupported Memory Configurations

Wanner G
idata
Community Manager

It's a shame,

I would have liked the CPU Celeron to have that maximum amount of support.

I bought an INTEL NUC with Core I7 and I liked it, I would have preferred a more comfortable one like celeron that supports 16gb of RAM.

It's a shame, I would have liked the CPU to have that maximum amount of support. I bought an INTEL NUC with Core I7 and I liked it, I would have preferred a more comfortable one like celeron that supports 16gb of RAM. Thank you very much for your quick reply.

It would be good if a bios update could give us that capacity.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You know, I have had a AY NUC running just fine for over two years now and it has 10GB of memory installed and recognized.

Just saying,

...S

idata
Community Manager

JAJAJA ... Excellent Answer Scott.

I just hope that INTEL does something better than limiting RAM, for something as good as INTEL NUC in Celeron.

It is comfortable, cheap and compact, so that the company limits its possibilities like RAM.

Thanks Scott