Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11300 Discussions

INTEL NUC Kit NUC8i7BEH NOT BOOTING

Kevin006
Beginner

Hi there,

i have a Intel  NUC Kit NUC8i7BEH that cant boot i get no screen... blue light on power button goes on (light stays on solid) then goes off by itself after a minute or so... and it does this repeatedly   tried to take out memory and hardrive to check if that might sort the problem for me to atlease get display screen at but nothing worked

Any advice on this mater?

Or what can i try?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Can you see the Intel NUC logo?

2. When you power ON your NUC with both SO DIMMs removed , can you see three blinks from Power LED (instead of solid light)?

3. Please try to power ON your NUC with minimum hardware configuration: without drives and with one SO DIMM only installed in each slot. Can you see Intel NUC logo? Can you enter BIOS after pressing on F2?

Leon

Kevin006
Beginner

Hi Leon.

1. Can you see the Intel NUC logo?   NO I CANT

2. When you power ON your NUC with both SO DIMMs removed , can you see three blinks from Power LED (instead of solid light)?  YES I CAN SEE THREE BLINKS

3. Please try to power ON your NUC with minimum hardware configuration: without drives and with one SO DIMM only installed in each slot. Can you see Intel NUC logo? Can you enter BIOS after pressing on F2?

I DID AND STILL NO LOGO CANT ENTER BIOS MY TV JUST SHOWS "NO SIGNAL"

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Kevin,

The fact that you see the three blinks (when the memory is removed), indicates that your NUC is working (partially at least) and memory failure is detected by POST. So, this indication is correct. You mentioned that you have connected this NUC to a TV set. Can you try it connected to PC monitor and/or change the video cable/video input?

If you are able to remove the board, I would suggest to disconnect the Power adapter and the CMOS Battery connector (the CMOS battery and its connector are located on the board upper side) and reconnect it after 15 minutes. This manual can explain you how the board can be removed.

Leon

Kevin006
Beginner

Great stuff!!

let me try that will let you know asap

thank you for all your help so far... much appreciated

Kevin006
Beginner

Hi Leon,

I removed battery and power adapter and left unit for about 30min then assembled again and power on....but same thing ... will try a monitor instead of tv but do you think that can be the reason  why blue light goes on and then off after a minute?

well i guess in this situation i have lo try everything  lol.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Kevin,

Solid blue LED for 1 minute and than OFF and then ON again? If it goes ON again may indicate reboot, however, if it stays OFF, it could be a failure and you will not see any video output on other monitor also.

If this will be the case, you probably need to replace your NUC. It is covered by three years of international warranty. You may check here the warranty coverage for your NUC.

Leon