Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

INTEL NUCC7i5BNH manage the power

Hello, I just purchased an INTEL NUCC7i5BNH, and I'm looking for the "Restore on AC power Loss" function in the bios or similar function. Can you help me, please?

thx

Fabien

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

After using F2 to enter BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS), click on Advanced and then Power. In the Secondary Power Settings (on the right), you will see parameter After Power Failure. You can set this to Stay Off, Last State or Power On.

Hope this helps,

...S

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello, great thanks! On the other hand I would like the NUC to turn on when the power comes back on, so I put the "power on" option, it turns on fine, but I get an error message telling me that it can't find a boot disk.

And yet in classic mode I have no problem booting on my ssd. Is there a function to configure to specify my boot disk for this mode or following a power failure and when the power comes back, that it boot correctly?

Thank you

best regards

Fabien

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

FabienV: By enabling the option of "Power ON", the NUC should be able to boot correctly and recognize the SSD.

What we can try in this case will be a BIOS update to the latest version 0069:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28178/BIOS-Update-BNKBL357-86A-?product=95067

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

FabienV: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

hello, I updated the bios, but when the pc restarts after a power failure, it doesn't find the ssd and when I restart it at the start button it loads windows without any problem.

(i have ssd with windows + sata disk for my data)

do you have any idea what the problem is?

best regards

thank you

Fabien

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

FabienV: Thank you very much for providing those details, we are sorry to hear the problem persists.

Please check the power options on the SSD:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/power-options-ssd-settings/2851ca...

Confirm the boot order in BIOS to make sure the SSD is the number one boot device.

If the problem remains after those steps, please provide the brand and model of the SSD.

Do you have the option to test the NUC with a different SSD?

Could you please test the NUC without the SATA disk?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

FabienV: I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos