Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBarf
Novice

INTEL NUCi7 3D MVC ISSUE

Coming from Intel NUC DN2820 I was able to play 3D MVC with Kodi with new Intel Media SDK, I just purchased Intel NUC NUC7i3BNK and 3D playback doesn't work.

On the Intel NUC DN2820, the resolution was set 1920X1080p 3D and everything works great

On the Intel NUC NUC7i3BNK either I set the 1920X1080p 3D or 3820X2160p 3D doesn't work

The Intel Media SDK was supposed to allow 3D MVC to work, I did some testing and found the HDMI 2.0 connection is the one causing the issue and any NUC with HDMI 2.0 doesn't work/

0 Kudos
258 Replies
SFish4
Beginner

I talked to support today and they said they would email me the solution.. the email I got was a link to this tread.. which I had sent them in the first place as part of the evidence to open my case. I called back in and they claim that this is still an active bug they are working and when they come up with the solution, that they will post it here. Hence why they sent me this link back. So, I still think we should bug them frequently to ensure the severity of the defect in Quality Center or whatever they use for defect management is set high enough that this gets resolved sooner than later.

mnaum1
Beginner

I just bought myself a intel nuc 7i7bnh and noticed that when i play 3D MVC thru PowerDVD (havent tried kodi) i get some weird flickering.

The 3D-video seems somewhat ok. But eveything is flickering thru the glasses. Not sure why or what that is.

Then i saw this post..

So im just posting here to see if my issue can be related to what people are talking about here? Why im unsure is because what i can see most people here isnt getting any video at all?

(Yeah im using latest drivers of everything available from intel's download-page)

I might add that all videos tried worked perfect on my other PC. The only thing that has changed since it was working perfect is the device (intel nuc)

Before this Intel NUC i had a mac mini running bootcamp (windows).

DZygm
Novice

Different hardware combinations will respond differently to the same issue with Intel HDMI 2.0 port and MVC. A lot of TVs will just ignore the signal since it is not formatted correctly. Some TVs / projectors will try to play it. Take a look at this post earlier in this thread post 133 page 9. I recorded video to show what Intel was looking at on their test TV without 3D active glasses initially thinking it was OK.

RJaco3
Beginner

To nmbrg

Hi! Your issue may occure because Your screen refresh rate is not the same as Your Movie, 60fps opposed to 24fps(or even 23,976fps).

Roger.

mnaum1
Beginner

No, as I said. Nothing has changed except the Intel nuc. So the refresh rate has nothing to do with it since it was working perfectly before. With the same media. Same software. Same projector. Same reviewer. Yeah, everything the same except intel "why the f... Did I buy this" nuc.

Bdell
Beginner

I just purchased 2 units fro B&H photo (nuc6cays and nuc7i3BNH) just to find out that 3D not playing properly, so both units will be going back to the seller. Sorry Intel i just cant go through it again, the nuc5cpyh took about a year to get the hd audio passthrough fixed and my d34010wyk took 3 replacements to find out they all have issues with the Daughter card. Also Intel please stop using physical return shipping labels.

DNoth
Novice

So this has been marked as answered / assumed answered AGAIN.

Seriously Intel?

You guys bought the TV to do the testing then nothing? This is actually ridiculous now.

We need an answer now.

If you cannot fix it then just say so and I'm sure the appropriate action will be taken.

If you can fit it you need to push out a fix NOW

Action actually need to finally happen one way or the other

Chris_V_Intel

There is a bug in the software that marks it answered. I agree it is not.

FCart
Beginner

The software simply reflects INTEL's policy of automatically deeming aging threads "answered" whether or not anything has actually been resolved, as has repeatedly been done with this thread. Absurd to pretend this is a "software bug" beyond INTEL's powers to fix rather than a deliberate policy. Please don't insult our intelligence.

SSat
Novice

It's probably in the same queue as the 3D issue to be resolved...never!

FCart
Beginner

Question for Cvare or other Intel rep: Having acknowledged the lack of 3D ISO playback functionality on the processors discussed in this thread, can a statement be made as to whether any future Intel processor releases will solve the "bug" that is he subject of this thread? In particular, does 3D ISO playback work on the 8th gen Core released two months ago?

Intel reps have reported in this thread that a TV was acquired for testing and the "bug" that is the subject of this thread was successfully replicated. Can a statement be made as to whether the 8th gen with revised Kaby Lake or any future Intel processor releases have or will address this "bug"?

A statement on this would be greatly appreciated by those of us who would still prefer to stay with Intel hardware in the future.

DNoth
Novice

Hello?

Is anybody there?

We've had 0 progress since this thread began - except for some of the Intel team getting themselves a nice new TV (I guess that's the only good thing that came out of this thread)

SSat
Novice

They will be along soon to throw us another bone, tell us how they understand our frustration, are trying to fix it...bla bla bla bla...

Nothing will happen. They will continue sleeping defective hardware and "promising" to look into issues whilst basically brushing it under the carpet.

intel, you are a disgrace.

MBarf
Novice

Time for us to create a petition against Intel on selling us incompatible device as advertised.

FCart
Beginner

Not sure what good a petition would do. After all, the only place to deliver it is to Intel.

An approach that might do some good is to make a wider audience aware of Intel's failure to provide advertised functionality, as their representatives have acknowledged in this thread and its predecessors over the past year. Perhaps that might embarrass some higher level marketing people and prompt either a more accurate statement of what their processors can (and cannot) do, or the assignment of engineering resources to the problem and a real fix. How do we broadcast? Complain loudly and objectively on every online processor review site and A/V vendors site and home theater tech forum we can identify about Intel's year long failure to address a clearly identified problem as they continue to sell processors that do not perform as advertised. Or we can just continue to check in here to get our "don't worry, we're still working on it" assurance from Intel every month or so until there is no one left to object when the thread is yet again marked "assumed answered".

SFish4
Beginner

As I said a while back in a post here.. the action (on your part) that gets action (on Intel's part) is to call them about once a week and complain. Get a ticket # assigned.. call back and refer to it.. DO SOMETHING besides write your pissing, moaning and threats on this forum. One thing for sure is you won't get ANY results doing that. I call tech support regularly, have a ticket assigned, and I was offered a full refund. If that's what you want.. then do it.. you can get your money back and you can quit posting your complaints to a deaf ear on this forum.

I chose to wait a while longer rather than accept the refund because I really like the unit and don't feel like going through all the work to buy something else and set it up as my HTPC. I have my PopCorn hour for playing 3D to my XBR in the mean time.. eventually Intel will come out with a new box if this one is un-fixable, that does 3D over HDMI 2.x just fine.. if that's what happens before/in lieu of a software fix to our boxes, then I will hammer them to let me swap out for the box that does what mine should have done all along and see where that gets me... maybe it won't work.. maybe it will.. but seriously the moral of the story is take action with Intel directly. This forum is not going to get you anywhere with respect to actions from Intel.

(no disrespect meant to the posters here)

FCart
Beginner

You are welcome to call Intel "once a week" and make it your mission in life to listen to hold music and get tickets assigned. It may indeed do some good.

My HTPC is a Velocity Micro tower rather than a NUC; replacement or refund by Intel is not an option. I would hope that active forums like this, at the very least, are relatively easy to find by other people that are frustrated and trying to figure out why their 3D will not work. People who have not yet had the Eureka moment: "The Intel processor is the problem!" I for one spent a fair amount of time investigating other possibilities before finding this thread and realizing there is no solution because 3D over HDMI 2.x simply does not work on Intel processors, no matter what their advertised specs might claim.

There is always the *admittedly remote* possibility that Intel might someday listen to its support forums and actually devote some engineering resources to a longstanding issue with their product. But mainly, I post to keep a light shining on Intel's mendacity in continuing, after all this time, to pretend their processors have 3D functionality.

SFish4
Beginner

sorry quoix, I realize I posted as a reply to your post and meant to make it a general post to those before you who are doing more apparent threats and no apparent "effort".. I also hadn't gleaned from this forum that this plagued other Intel implementations beside the NUC.. so it is indeed a larger scoped problem than I had come to understand.

PMaie1
Beginner

Hi Folk,

3D mvc in mkv works on my NUC 7i3 over HDMI2.0 .

But it is a little bit tricky.

Hardware:

NUC 7i3

HDMI Cable 2.0

AV-Receiver Yamaha RX-V379

Panasonic 3D TV

All Ports HDMI 2.0 with HDCP.

Software:

Windows 10N ( I don't want the media player stuff, for those I have Kodi).

latest Intel Updates/Drivers

Kodi for Windows latest release

How:

I start the video and set kodi manual to side-by-side 3D.

The same I do with the TV.... and 3D works.

I can't see differences to a 3D Bluray. For me it is okay.

The only problem I have is that my system is instable after installing the Intel Updates/Drivers.

To 3D iso I can't say something, I doesn't use.

To PowerDVD I can't say something. It needs the media player installed - not with my Windows 10 N.

To HDCP I can't say something because I no have netflix or amazon prime.

Possible It helps to fix the problem.

Best regards and good luck.

SSat
Novice

Unfortunately that isn't proper MVC 3D. I think it's discussed earlier in this thread and also on the Kodi forums.

The issue still remains.

MBarf
Novice

@ P_Maier

This has nothing to do with this issue here...