cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amstellodamois
Beginner

IR driver installation

Jump to solution

On a fresh install of Windows 10, using whatever version the lastest is (1809 IIRC) and the bundled drivers from Intel, I can't install the IR driver. Tried several time after multiple reboot

IR Driver.PNG

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
RPete12
New Contributor I

Check that IR is enabled in the Bios. If it’s not, the driver won’t install as it can’t detect any hardware.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RPete12
New Contributor I

Check that IR is enabled in the Bios. If it’s not, the driver won’t install as it can’t detect any hardware.

View solution in original post

Amstellodamois
Beginner

Good input!

Isn't it activated by default, though?

(I'm in bed, I can't check :-D)

RPete12
New Contributor I

Quite possibly not. I remember on one of my NUC’s I got a driver install error for something (possibly IR) and found it wasn’t enabled in the Bios.

Just check in Device Manager and see if there is an unknown device. If not then it probably isn’t enabled in the Bios. The other possibility is that the driver isn’t the correct one. Check on the NUC support page to see if there are any other drivers for IR to download.

Amstellodamois
Beginner

I've only checked today: the IR device wasn't enabled in the BIOS.

I enabled it...Windows still doesn't see in in the device manager and the driver still won't install.

RPete12
New Contributor I

If it’s definitely now enabled in the Bios and saved on exit, then check in Device Manager under Human Interface Devices and see if there is an entry for ITECIR Infrared Receiver, just in case Windows has auto installed it’s own driver

Amstellodamois
Beginner

It has:

Infrared driver.PNG