Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Image on Display Port turns on and off

Has anyone been facing an issue where the video output goes off and on 20-30 minutes? The monitor doesn't turn off itself, but there is no video output for a few seconds and then it immediately comes back on.

I have tried both Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10. I saw the issue happening in both versions.

There are two BenQ monitors connected in the HDMI and Display port. The one connected to display port is presenting this issue.

I have upgraded BIOS and changed operational systems, to see if the problem was in one of them.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello msk.,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry about the issue you have experience with the Intel® NUC.

Would you please provide us with the NUC model?

Are you using any adapters to connect the monitors? If you are using straight connection I suggest you to try with different cables, to me this seem to be a cable problem.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes, there is an adapter, Mini Display port > Mini Display port. I have already changed both the display port cable and the adapter.

The model is NUC6i7KYK .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for the information you have kindly provided, please be aware that Intel® has not validated adapters to work with the Intel® graphics, adapter can cause the graphics not to work properly, and since you already try this with Windows and Ubuntu, most likely is not a software issue.

Is there a possibility that you can try using straight connection from DP to DP instead of the adapter?

To set up dual displays you can check the set up recommended by Intel here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005571.html Setting Up Multiple Displays for the Intel® NUC

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have found someone with a similar problem: .

I believe it doens't happen with all monitors. I have tested with two Dell monitors I have here, and they worked fine, but at a lower resolution 1920x1080 (in both). My actual setup consists of two monitors, both BenQ 27" GW2765HT. I can only display 2560x1440 in DP and 1920x1080 in HDMI with Ubuntu and 2560x1440 (both DP and HDMI) in Windows.

My memories are also Corsair - CMSO8GX4M1A2133C15.

Do you think this could be the issue? If so, is this something regarding this NUC and these memories or the latter are indeed faulty?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello msk.,

Thank you for the information and now that you are pointing me to that post, I can see that this behavior can be caused by the RAM as cvare posted on that thread. I at this point if you could try with different RAM that will be the best way to isolate the issue, you can find the memory tested by Intel® with this NUC here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000020648.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000020648.html

However, it will be good to try with straight connection instead of using adapter.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have two new cables: mini-display port to display port and USB-C to display port.

I can see that the frequency in which the problem occurred has been reduced (about 30%) but it still happens. With the USB-C cable I don't see the problem, but in the display port I do - and also some flickering too. I switched the HDMI cable, but helped in nothing.

My solution will be using this setup, which makes things less frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I'm sorry for any inconvenience msk., by any chance, can you try with difference memory?

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

No. All DDR4 memories I have are from Corsair. I can't test with another brand.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I came accross this in another thread, also having an issue with screen flickering.

"Fixed the problem for me. Go to Intel's driver download page for Intel Iris Plus 640 and download version 15.45.18.4664 (which is marked as previously released for some reason). Those of you that thought it was a driver issue were correct."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello msk.,

Please let me know if you can try with different RAM, please see the RAMs tested by Intel here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000020648.html System Memory for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK

If you still don't have the latest graphics driver for Windows you can download it at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?pr... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?pr...

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hey Ivan.

The problem has not been resolved, but mitigated. The flashing still happens as often as before (with the DP output), but now at least I can run 2K in both screens (using DP and USB-C). I can't test the Windows drivers because I am using Ubuntu atm.

I guess the lesson learned is not to buy these machines anymore, for they are too unstable. That would be the answer to close this thread I created.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused to you, from our end, we have tested this unit plenty of times with dual display and we don't experience issues like this but we use straight connection as it is the recommended configuration by Intel, the RAM that you have installed is not in the compatibility list for this unit but it does not necessary means that it will not work but we cannot guarantee it since we did not tested it.

Again I'm sorry for the bad experience you had and we appreciate your time and patience trying to solve this issue, please bear in mind that this unit has three years warranty and if you would like to get a replacement to try to isolate the issue even more you can http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @2 contact support, you can create and online service request or to speed up the process you can do live chat.

Please let me know if you need anything else and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best wishes,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos