Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRant1
Beginner

Infared drivers not compatible with windows 10 (1809 rs5)?

Hello, I just installed windows 10 version 1809 and cant install infared drivers(installation fails with an error). They worked fine when I used windows 10 version 1803.

My nuc version is nuc8i5bek.

I used this driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28101/ITE-Tech-Consumer-Infrared-CIR-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-... Download ITE Tech* Consumer Infrared (CIR) Driver for Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7BE, NUC8i5BE, NUC8i3BE

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Trallos,

Thank you for posting.

What is the current Infrared driver version you are running?

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

MRant1
Beginner

Hello, Im not running any drivers because I cant install them. Microsoft driver stack wont provide generic drivers for infared devices.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks /thread/129918 Trallos.

Can you please provide your https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report?

To attach a file, the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Amy C

idata
Community Manager

/thread/129918 Trallos,

Were you able to check the solution edenkers mentioned?

Amy C

EDenk1
Beginner

I am having the same problem. So far, I have not found any solution.

EDenk1
Beginner

I found the problem in my situation. The CIR device was not enabled in the BIOS. Once I enabled that I was able to load the drivers.

OSalo
New Contributor I

Yes, I also did notice that the infra red receiver is not enabled in BIOS by default. You'll need to toggle it on if you want to use it.

SHead1
Beginner

I have the same problem with nuc8i7Beh latest drivers from intel installed and its enabled in bios but still doesn't work! What's the solution?​