Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12506 Discussions

Information of NUC12 DC Power Plugs [Barrel Jack]

neo_yu
Novice

As a hardware engineer, I'm struggling with a NUC's power issue that power jack is too easily disconnected

neo_yu_1-1671186725602.png

I'm recently using Off-The-Shelf power jack[5.5 x 2.5] but they  are not stable.

Can I get the information or product number about NUC power plug?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
neo_yu
Novice

Thank you for your reply.

I've already read the documentaion you mentioned.

That page only have SMPS power plug information (IEC C5) but I need barrel jack information.

Hugo_Intel

Hello neo_yu

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.

If I may jump into the conversation, I would like to ask the following to help out:

-I understand this is a NUC12, however, please let me know the exact model of the device.

-The article shared by @LeonWaksman contains information regarding the barrel jack diameter, What are the exact specification that you need about the connector?

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

neo_yu
Novice

Hello Hugo.

1. My NUC model is NUC12WSKi7.

2. I bought 5.5 x 2.5 barrel jack cables.

But they were not stable. so when I touched NUC with my hand, it easily shut down.

So I want to know the information of barrel jack cable information (or product number). 

Thank you.

Hugo_Intel

Hello neo_yu

Thank you for providing this information. I would like to also confirm the following:

1. Please make sure to push the cable all the way into the connector as this connector should actually be pretty tight and should fit pretty well to the connector.
  2. Is this the original power adapter that came with the NUC?
  3. If this is not the original power adapter. Could you please confirm if the image on your original post is the one that you are using? If not, please attach a picture of the cable/power adapter that you are using so we can further check this issue internally.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel

Hello neo_yu 

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Hugo_Intel

Hello @neo_yu

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Hugo O.