Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11308 Discussions

Install failed of Thunderbol bus driver Version: 1.41.1054.0

RolandT
New Contributor I

Intel driver assistant shows an update of the thunderbolt driver but the install fails, any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PalmettoBling
Beginner

I'm having the same issue.  I thought it was extended from the Driver & Support Assistant?  It had been acting weird prior with some errors in scanning, but if others are having errors with he driver install, wonder if it's the driver instead.

The Thunderbold ports continue to work and my devices connected to them, so not too concerned right now, but would like to ensure there is a solution.

MKemp4
Novice

Same here...any reaction from the experts?

Karatekid430
Beginner

Just go into INF/ directory in the driver directory and right click on all the .inf files and click install.

Then go Winkey+R and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. Go into System Devices and find the Thunderbolt controller and check that the driver version is 1.41.1054.0.

Make sure you have the Intel Thunderbolt Control Centre app installed from the Microsoft Store.

MKemp4
Novice

Thanks for the fast reply...

I did already mangae to install the latest driver by manually downloading/executing the update package, so my original intent was rather to stipulate an answer to "why is the ISTA not able to finish the installation"...it was pretty good working so far.

M.

RolandT
New Contributor I

I downloaded the driver zip file from the Intel site, extract the files and ran the install application and that worked.

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. I've successfully installed the Thunderbolt Driver + Thunderbolt Control Center on nUC10i7FNH, using the driver installer. Both the Driver and the Control Center are working. The Driver is shown in the DM.

2. On NUC8i7HVK the installation using the Installation Installer failed. Installing the .inf files was successful however, after downloading the Thunderbolt Control center form the Microsoft Store, the installation of the TCC failed with code 0x803FB005. This is probably the reason that the installation with the installer is failing. After all this the Thunderbolt Drive doesn't appears in the DM.

Leon

Karatekid430
Beginner

Thunderbolt Control Centre will fail to install if you have not right clicked on TbtHostControllerHsaComponent.inf and clicked install. Right click on TbtHostControllerHsaComponent.inf and click install.

Forget the installers. The installers were only made because there are people who have their head in the sand when it comes to computer maintenance. But the installers do not always work. What always works is manually installing the driver.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Karatekid430 

That exactly what I did. First I've installed the .inf files. See the attached video.

Leon