Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Installation of BIOS update BECFL35357.86A does NOT Succeed.

The system requests reboot again and again, but installation fails.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What is your NUC model? Could be that you mean BECFL357.86A for BE NUC?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I am also having a problem with updating the BIOS. BECFL357.86A.0079 for a NUCI3BEH. I have updated many times and never had this issue. I have the BIOS on a FAT32 formatted USB, I reboot to BIOS and press F7, choose the correct device, select the BIOS file. The system reboots once, nothing happens, reboots again and boots back into Windows.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

same issue here and in device manager it also reports error

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

See my answer here.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

no luck bios recovery and bios flashing will not install this bios, it doesnt even error it just does not go on at all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

No luck here either. Followed Leon's instructions to the letter. Recovery didn't appear to do anything, just a blank screen after pressing F4, about 30 seconds and the computer rebooted to Windows. Went ahead and tried installing BIOS again in the Yellow USB slot, made no difference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I'm waiting for response from Intel engineering.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Same issue here. Performing the BECFL357.86A BIOS Update on a NUC8i7BEH (to go from v1538 to 1838). It seems to go through the motions of performing the update, but when I reboot, the Intel Driver & Support Assistant indicates that the computer still has the old BIOS, and it's still prompting me to perform the update. I've followed up with a restart, to no effect. After that, I tried using the other update methods. MSI installer also went through the motions but failed to actually perform the update. Likewise, the F7 method didn't work either. I haven't had any issues completing BIOS updates on this computer before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

We still do not have confirmation of the Intel® NUC model and the BIOS version AMond12 is having issues with. At this point, the issue you are having with BIOS update 0079 is a new issue. Intel Customer Support usually addresses a question/issue in each thread.

Our recommendation is that you start a new thread including the steps you have tried to resolve it. We will be glad to look into this BIOS update problem.

On the new thread, please provide the following information:

• Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to the thread
  1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Also, please provide a description of the issue and the exact BIOS update method you are using.

If possible, provide pictures of any error messages being displayed in Device Manager.

Hello AMond12,

Could you please provide us with more information about your system configuration? If you are experiencing the same issue, please provide the report and details requested above.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Wanner G, please find my SSU information. Let me know if I should create another topic for this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006i4zRSAQ

1. Attached SSU - Arik file.
  2. I am using the Intel Driver & Support assistant for BIOS updating.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Arik Device Manager

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Wanner G, please find attached my SSU output. Same behavior going from version BIOS 0078 -> BIOS 0079 . Installation start , then restart the NUC as planned, but installation of the bios after seem to be skypping and go back to windows 10 boot without any message from the Bios boot screen. Use windows installation method and BIOS update (F7) method to update without succes. In device manager, I see under Firmware menu this warning in device status under BE0079 : "This device cannot start. (Code 10). Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of" . In BIOS, version is stil 0078 after installation tentative. Model NUC8i5BEH. I just update to version 0078 early this week which work without any issue, only the new version 0079 posted is not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AMond12,

Thank you for your response.

It seems that the report generated by the Intel® SSU was not attached to the thread. Could you please attach it directly to the thread using the "attach file" option?

Also, thank you all for providing detailed information about this issue. It seems that there is no need to start new threads.

We will provide an update as soon as possible.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you Wanner G...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

thanks for the post i have the same issue here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Wanner_G ; is this work around can be confirm by Intel ? see thread https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006i6aJSAQ

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Thank you all not only for reporting but mainly for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue

We found an issue that when updating to BIOS version 0079 the system initiates the update process but it cannot be completed, this happens if "Secure Boot" option is enabled in BIOS. We were able to recreate this scenario but I also have reports that even with "Secure Boot" disabled, the issue still persists.

BIOS version 0079 is being removed from the Download Center and will be replaced with a version that allows the update with “Secure Boot” option enabled.

While BIOS update to version 79 can be executed with “Secure Boot” option set to disabled, I would recommend that you wait until we release a more recent BIOS version for your system.

Please stay tuned for more updates.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I tried updating using the EBU file and the BIO file and both fail. If you used the EBU file and the system keeps trying to re-flash on reboot, go into the Device Manager and delete the FIRMWARE item for BE0079. This should be yellow banged because of the failure. Make sure to check the box "delete the driver software for this device" so it does not get reinstalled on next boot. This should fix the re-flash cycle.

Looks like we will have to wait for an updated BIOS from Intel.

0 Kudos