Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBrya1
Beginner

Integrator Toolkit, Custom Splash Screen, and .BIN files

I'm using ITK 6.1.6 and I've run into a snag regarding the OEM Product Key. I'm supposed to convert the OEM Product Key into a .BIN file that must be exactly 49 bytes in size. The Integrator Toolkit User Guide (Version 6.1.6) says this can be obtained from Microsoft. I've spoken to three different people at Microsoft who say any OEM Product Key support is handled by the manufacturer only and not by them.

Online documentation for Windows 10 ADK (Assessment and Development Kit) mentions the use of OA3Tool (OEM Activation Tools 3) to perform this conversion, but running oa3tool.exe does nothing more than flash a command prompt screen for a fraction of a second and then disappears. I am waiting to hear back from Microsoft on how to run this executable.

I've tried to import a custom splash screen file, and have successfully created a JPEG that does not return an error code, but the process will not complete without the .BIN file.

Has anyone has success in getting this to work?

I have a NUC7i7BNH and NUC6i5SYK. Any information and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi NUC_user2017,

I understand you are tying to setup custom splash screen , let me help you on this matter.

I will need to replicate this situation, please allow me some time to do a research and I will get back to you as soon as I get more information about it.

Thank you for your patience.

Allan J.

CBrya1
Beginner

Thanks for responding Allan,

As of last month this link used to work:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18672/Intel-Integrator-Assitant https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18672/Intel-Integrator-Assitant

I found it as a result of watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-A-FyIV5w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-A-FyIV5w

I was able to download the installer, but it crashed my machine when I tried to run it.

As for ITK, I've tried to use it to update my splash screen, but it asks for the .BIN file of the OEM Product Key when I tried to set the new JPEG. I'm currently in the middle of trying to learn the command line code I need to use in OA3Tool.exe so that I can create that .BIN file, but it's been slow going due to lack of spare time.

Any suggestions on getting the splash screen graphic changed out without having to worry with the injection of the .BIN file through ITK would be greatly appreciated.

idata
Community Manager

Hi NUC_user2017,

Thank you for the update.

I am still researching this matter, I will come back as soon as possible.

Allan J.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

OMG! Intel Integrator Assistant is an absolutely ANCIENT product that was designed to support Intel's old Desktop Board products. It is NOT designed to support the NUCs. Do not attempt to use it.

I change the splash screen with ITK all the time and it never asks for any .BIN file. You are doing something wrong. What are the commands that you have entered?

...S

CBrya1
Beginner

Wonderful to hear. I'm glad they made something so ancient available for such an unnecessarily long period of time. That said, I'm just getting started with using NUCs, and I've had very little time to dedicate to them, but being able to white label them easily would be great, so I'm happy you've come across my question.

The only resource I've come across so far is the ITK user guide 6.1.6, so if there is something newer or more comprehensive that I can reference, I'm exited to see it. Section 2.3.1.5 titled "Importing a Custom Logo/Image/Splash Screen File (.JPG)" gives an example of the syntax, with the flags for other features added in (for no reason I suppose). Removing the flags for the BIOS Update File Creation feature, and the flag for choosing the name of the BIOS update file, this is what I'm left with:

ITK6.efi -il myLogo.jpg

This is after I've changed the directory to the UBS drive on which myLogo.jpg is located. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

CBrya1
Beginner

After I've changed the directory to the UBS drive on which myLogo.jpg is located, I enter the following:

ITK6.efi -il myLogo.jpg