Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12508 Discussions

Intel Cresent Bay Bios Question

unkrizzo
Beginner

Question: I have a custom Intel Cresent Bay motherboard that was installed for an Arcade kiosk.  The Arcade Kiosk vendor informed me from their manufacturer that they aren't able to input the serial number of the kiosk into the BIOS of the motherboard, it would have to be entered via the motherboard manufacturer.  Does anyone know if there is a way to input the serial number in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Most BIOS cores (like those from AMI or Insyde, for example) offer tools that allow the BIOS to be updated (branded) with system information - Manufacturer, Product, Version, Serial Number, etc. strings. Is the motherboard manufacturer not providing these tools to you?

...S

unkrizzo
Beginner

Thank for the reply and sorry for the late response.  Intel is the Manufacturer, as far as I know, and went on this board to see who could assist.   

n_scott_pearson

What is the BIOS identifier?

I will warn you ahead of time that, if this is a prototype BIOS, there will not be any tools available. If this board vendor has shipped a custom board but outfitted it with an Intel prototype BIOS (copied from a Intel-provided reference board, for example), there is no support offered or provided.

...S

unkrizzo
Beginner

Thanks again, 

Here is a picture of the BIOS identifier. 

n_scott_pearson

If it was one developed for and assigned by Intel, the BIOS identifier will be an alphanumeric string with portions of it separated by dots and it would appear above the BIOS Version/Date display. This looks like a 3rd-party AMI BIOS, since it appears to identify the BIOS Manufacturer as AMI. Please provide picture(s) providing all of the information, not (just) this chunk. As well, please provide pictures of the stickers on the motherboard.

...S

unkrizzo
Beginner

Here is a more detailed screen shot. 

n_scott_pearson

Nothing extra out of that display. Please provide pictures of the stickers on the motherboard.