Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Driver Support & Support assistant says there's a bios update for my NUC7i3BNB. I download it. It asks me to close and restart PC to update bios. I do that but it doesn't update: the message that the same bios remains. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Re: Intel Driver Support & Support assistant says there's a bios update for my NUC7i3BNB. I download it. It asks me to close and restart PC to update bios. I do that but it doesn't update: the message that the same bios remains. Am I doing something wrong?

It may be that you have "Secure Boot" enabled. You can tell if secure boot is enabled by running MSINFO32. If it is, disable it in the bios, and try the update again.

If you are still unable to update the bios, you can put the .bio file on a fat32 formatted usb stick (8gb or more), boot with F7, and install the bios friom the stick.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29347?product=95070

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Re: Intel Driver Support & Support assistant says there's a bios update for my NUC7i3BNB. I download it. It asks me to close and restart PC to update bios. I do that but it doesn't update: the message that the same bios remains. Am I doing something wrong?

Note - if you do install with F7, just be patient.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello MLaza3, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello MLaza3, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos