Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AShat3
Beginner

Intel Driver Update assistant fails

Latest version fails to scan for driver updates (3.4.0.4)

says: "Oops, something went wrong while trying to scan. Please try again, or see our FAQs for help"

Attached are the logs from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DPers1
New Contributor III

Turn off VPN if you have one enabled. It fails for me if I am using Browser add in VPN not sure about system wide.

JRayn
New Contributor I

Mine started to work again after I changed the default browser from Edge to IE11.

AShat3
Beginner

No VPN here

AShat3
Beginner

Tried on Edge, Chrome, and IE, it still fails.

There are errors in the logs suggesting some sort of buggy service side issues.... so there is that...

JRayn
New Contributor I

I use Avast Clean Up and had DSA as a program to put to sleep when not in use. That messed it up so I now have it running in the background all the time to good effect. On a different but related note, Avast Driver Finder (or whatever it is called) finds drivers for my Intel graphics and Intel SATA drive that DSA does not. I don't trust it though and have removed it, the Avast that is.

AlHill
Super User

You did a very good thing (removing avast that is).

Doc

JRayn
New Contributor I

I only removed the Driver Finder utility as it was useless. I like the Avast Clean Up utility, which has made my Windows a good bit sharper and more responsive.

JRayn
New Contributor I

Try this. Uninstall DSA in the normal way and go to Program Data and delete all further references to DSA. Reboot Windows and then reinstall from Intel's website and see what happens.

Good luck!

AShat3
Beginner

Yes, tried uninstalling, deleting etc. didn't work.

Now waiting for an actual bug fix!

Chris_V_Intel

We're seeing the issue here as well.

Investigating.

Chris_V_Intel

Looks like there will be a new version on Monday late afternoon (Pacific Time) that should fix this.

Please let me know if you're still seeing the issue.

AShat3
Beginner

New version seems to be working again for me, thanks!

PRasm
Novice

Hi,

I'm still having this problem - have tried to remove, reinstall etc. Disabled firewall, secured falgs was set in about:flags in my Edge browser. Noting solve the problem...