cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MNeat
Beginner

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant fails to offer latest drivers

Jump to solution

For the past several months, I've noticed the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant failed to offer me the latest versions of my drivers. I almost always have to manually search, download, and update the drivers myself.

Current examples:

Why is this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello, MrNeato. Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than glad to assist you.

The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant it is actually providing the latest drivers for your NUC. What is happening in this case, is that you currently have installed the latest Graphics and Card Reader drivers for your controllers, which are newer versions than the ones available for the Intel® NUC.

This happens because the drivers for your NUC have been tested and modified specially for this device, on the other hand, the drivers for the controller are generic drivers and, by installing them, the results may vary.

I hope this answers your question.

Antony S.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello, MrNeato. Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than glad to assist you.

The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant it is actually providing the latest drivers for your NUC. What is happening in this case, is that you currently have installed the latest Graphics and Card Reader drivers for your controllers, which are newer versions than the ones available for the Intel® NUC.

This happens because the drivers for your NUC have been tested and modified specially for this device, on the other hand, the drivers for the controller are generic drivers and, by installing them, the results may vary.

I hope this answers your question.

Antony S.

View solution in original post