Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11857 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant forever loading

hoiblobvis
Beginner

Its forever loading i had it load for 7 hours on chrome which should do the trick but nothing. I tried with firefox and edge and still nothing. Cleared by cache and tried on chrome still nothing. I checked task manager and chrome just takes the normal gpu and stuff (i haven't checked other browers with task manager but i guess its the same or takes a bit then stops). I have reinstalled it and nothing. I've seen that this happened before but nothing from 2022. So what can it be?

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

Thanks for your response.

I can't open the file you send me. Could you please provide me with the same file in a different format? Also, if you found the correct files, you will see three files; you can share them individually; there is no need to compress them into a zip file to share them. However, I need the three files: Data, Downloads, and logs.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

hoiblobvis
Beginner

Is this better? The downloads folder had nothing in it so it couldn't be compressed.

Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

hoiblobvis
Beginner

It's been almost 5 days is there anything new or are you still working on it?

Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

I am still investigating the issue, my apologies for taking so long.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

I am still investigating your problem. My apologies for the inconvenience.

This time, I would like to suggest trying running Windows updates. People with similar issues have reported that it solved the problem they experienced. The latest Windows version available at the moment is version 19044.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to try running Windows updates

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

hoiblobvis
Beginner

Yeah i'm doing fine but i didn't really reply to your other message because i don't think i can get any more windows updates at this moment for windows 8.1. Also i have tried a few minutes the driver updater on opera GX browser i know it isn't one of the browsers in the list of browsers that work with it but i thought "maybe it will work most likely not but its worth a try".

Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

I understand your position about the Updates for your operating system.

You mentioned that you tried using the Opera GX browser. I want to confirm the outcome of trying this. Does the issue persist?

Also, have you tried checking if you can create the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-window...)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 

• To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

hoiblobvis
Beginner
  • The opera GX browser didn't work.
  • And the Intell SSU still crashes.
Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

Were you able to try running Windows updates

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

hoiblobvis
Beginner

I don't think i am able to download any windows updates.

Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

We noticed that the WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) is throwing an error when Win32_OperatingSystem is queried. This is indicative of an issue with WMI itself. Since the SSU is also crashing which further indicates an issue on your system, so please refer him to contact Microsoft for further support.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

hoiblobvis
Beginner

Sorry for no response i was a bit busy but i've looked around a small bit how to repair WMI in windows and as far as i saw all guides were for windows 10. So i don't know if they would also work for windows 8.1. If you would answer this it would be usefull.

Jean_Intel

Hello hoiblobvis,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.