Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPers1
New Contributor III

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant not showing/installing latest Driver

Jump to solution

NUC7i5BN

The Support assistant is telling me that Graphics driver 24.20.100.6025 is the latest version and that I'm up to date.

In fact driver 24.20.100.6194 is the latest version (I just installed it and all seems to be working very well)

6025 was followed by 6094, 6136 and lastly by 6194

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27892/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=80939 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

Is there a reason for the Delay in Graphics updates?

Could it be because I'm on Windows insider(Fast Lane)?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello Thaidroid,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you have some questions regarding the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and the latest drivers for your Intel ® NUC7i5BNH.

In this case, the NUC that you own has its own drivers that include optimizations to work with your system.

These drivers are the version 24.20.100.6025

As you may know your NUC and some other more units such as CPUs, compute cards and other NUCs work with the Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640 graphics controller.

The latest drivers for this graphic controller are 24.20.100.6194

Your NUC has the ability to work with both drivers, even if the 24.20.100.6194 do not include small optimizations for your device, theoretically it will work just fine since they all shared the same graphic controller.

When the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant looks for updates, it recognizes your system as a NUC, meaning that will look for the latest graphic drivers of the NUC (.6025) and no the ones for the actual controller (.6194).

You can use both; however we recommend you to update to the latest drivers for the graphic controller only if you are experiencing issues with the latest drivers for your NUC, all of this just for troubleshooting purposes of course.

Please let me know if you have any other question or concern

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello Thaidroid,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you have some questions regarding the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and the latest drivers for your Intel ® NUC7i5BNH.

In this case, the NUC that you own has its own drivers that include optimizations to work with your system.

These drivers are the version 24.20.100.6025

As you may know your NUC and some other more units such as CPUs, compute cards and other NUCs work with the Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640 graphics controller.

The latest drivers for this graphic controller are 24.20.100.6194

Your NUC has the ability to work with both drivers, even if the 24.20.100.6194 do not include small optimizations for your device, theoretically it will work just fine since they all shared the same graphic controller.

When the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant looks for updates, it recognizes your system as a NUC, meaning that will look for the latest graphic drivers of the NUC (.6025) and no the ones for the actual controller (.6194).

You can use both; however we recommend you to update to the latest drivers for the graphic controller only if you are experiencing issues with the latest drivers for your NUC, all of this just for troubleshooting purposes of course.

Please let me know if you have any other question or concern

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

View solution in original post