Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Driver support assistant always displays "sorry something went wrong when trying to scan"

Have tried uninstaller and re-installing current version so many times but same error. Hasnt worked since 2019

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What is the model number of your NUC?

What browser are you using?

What version of WIndows 10? 1909?

Are you a laptop or desktop?

What is the model number of your laptop or desktop?

And, you waited how many months to report this?

Have you cleared your browser cache?

IDSA is intended for Intel boards. If you do not have an Intel board (nuc or stick) you should use the driver update tool provided by your system manufacturer. Using the IDSA also has exclusions you should be aware of:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032252/software/software-applications.ht...

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I've been getting this error now for a few weeks and the same happens with any version of windows.

Build 18363.815, Build 19041.208 or Build 19624.1000.

After a few experiments I found out that this error goes away if I uninstall Intel RST 14.8.16.1063 which is the latest available for the DELL XPS. 8700.

If I try installing any newer version of RST it says platform not supported.

Keep in mind that the same RST driver 14.8.16.1063 has been installed for over 2 years and DSA never complained before with any windows version,

DSA stated that RST was up to date before this scan error started to happen a few weeks ago.

I also did a clean install of windows and downloaded the most recent version of DSA, but the problem persisted.

Something has changed in the DSA scan that causes this red error message to occurr.

Intel needs to fix it.

DSA bug.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello FG

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. 

I recommend creating a new thread to isolate you case and system configuration, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detail information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.

Thank you; hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Leonardo C.

As you asked, I opened a new question. Let me know if you need any more information.

Intel DSA 20.4.17.5 Fails: "Sorry something went wrong when trying to scan"

0 Kudos