Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Intel® HD Graphics Driver Version: 15.46.2.4729 (Latest)

This driver is listed under downloads for a NUC6i5SYH, as for Windows 7*, 8.1*, and Windows® 10* for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SY and NUC6i5SY. However it does not install on a NUC6i5SYH running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and the release notes advise that it is [only] for Microsoft Windows* 10-64.

Also, installing this driver in a NUC7i5BNH running Microsoft Windows* 10-64 has led to some apparently intractable issues with audio in MPC-HC. I haven't seen any other reference to this driver update in recent discussions, but is it possible that the audio issues might be resolved with application of the latest bios version to the NUC7i5BNH? I am currently running bios version 46 and have no intention of updating it until I am confident that other issues raised in discussions here relating to bios version 48 have been resolved.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello raymondjpg,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I understand you are getting audio issues with the latest graphics driver and MPC-HC.

At this point, we have been unable to replicate this in our labs (using Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNK & Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH with BIOS 0048).

Hopefully, a contributor will be able to input their experience using the same configuration.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Juan V.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks for the test. I think it may have answered my question - you were not able to replicate the issue with bios 48 installed. As I indicated in my original post I am still on bios 46 and will not be updating that until I am confident that all other issues that have been reported with bios version 48 have been resolved.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi raymondjpg,

You are welcome. Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

A month or so since first trying driver v15.46.2.4729, and some more Windows 10 updates, and I have tried once again to install this driver on a NUC7i5BNH with bios v46 running Microsoft Windows* 10-64. Same result, no HDMI audio. It is not just MPC-HC, there is no HDMI audio detected by my Yamaha receiver, or when testing Sound in Windows Control Panel.

I am still not game to update the bios. I am having no problems with stability of Windows 10, or with video output 1920x1080, or with audio, running Graphics Driver v15.45.19.4678. I am also reluctant to update the HDMI 2.0 firmware for the same reason; there appears to be no need for it with this combination of bios and HD Graphics versions working perfectly well at the video resolution that I need.

I can understand why there is a focus on trying to get 4k video functional, but to my mind the overwhelming need for many users would be stability of video and audio at lower resolutions.

I would appreciate it if Intel could confirm if:

1. The NUC7i5BNH with bios v46 has no HDMI sound if driver v15.46.2.4729 is applied.

2. The HDMI sound output can be restored by updating the bios to v48 or later.

3 The HDMI sound output can be restored by updating the HDMI 2.0 firmware.

For those people who by good fortune or otherwise did not experience hyperthreading issues there would appear to be a need for a bios update that does not lock them into a requirement to install additional firmware or drivers designed principally to help those users who wish to output 4k video.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi raymondjpg,

It is sad to hear this problem keeps happening on your computer.

I tried to replicate this issue with same Intel® NUC model and driver version 4729 with BIOS version 046, the sound and video were fine, I did not find any problems.

My recommendation would be updating to the latest graphics drivers version 4771 and test again.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27058/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?pr... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27058/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?pr...

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thank you Allan.

Driver version 4771 (Display Audio version 102) downloaded from your link has installed correctly with BIOS version 046, both video and audio working.

I conclude that:

1. Either driver version 4729 that I downloaded some time ago was somehow faulty or corrupted, although it appeared to install correctly.

2. That the driver version 4729 that I downloaded may have needed the HDMI 2.0 firmware update to work properly with the NUC7i5BNH.

In any case I am happy that I have an updated driver that works with bios 46. I anticipate that at some point I will need to update the bios to a more recent version.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi raymondjpg,

Thank you for the feedback on this matter. I am glad to hear this is working for you.

In case you need more assistance or if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us back.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Unfortunately Driver version 4771 proved to be unstable on my system, with sound disappearing from time to time, particularly when switching display refresh rates. I have gone back to driver version 4678 which continues to work well with bios v46 and without, so far, any HDMI 2 firmware update.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi raymondjpg,

That's unfortunate.

Have you tried changing video cable?

I did test the unit with the following cable:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Supports/dp/B00870ZHCQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&... https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Supports/dp/B00870ZHCQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&...

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi raymondjpg,

I would recommend that you try Driver Version 4664, this is the more stable Graphics Driver Version we have for now, BIOS version can be latest.

Here is the link for download:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=965... Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. My current equipment, including Kordz EVS HDMI cabling, is working well with driver version 4678 and bios 46 and I see no need to update any hardware at this stage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks again, but while driver version 4678 is working well with bios 46 I see no need to go back to driver version 4664. I would do if I ever needed to output 4k video.

Regards

0 Kudos