Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RvdH
Novice

Intel® Integrator Toolkit empty space characters suffix in OEMID/TABLEID

Instructions say it has to be run like:

ITK6.efi –o –oid oemID –tid tableID –i myKey.bin

my oa3.bin expects both OEMID/TABLEID to be suffixed with 20 (space character) instead of the 00 ITK6 inserts after the string.

itk6 inserts oemID and tableID as: "6F 65 6D 49 44 00" and "74 61 62 6C 65 49 44 00"

But for my oa3.bin it should be inserted as:

oemID and tableID as: "6F 65 6D 49 44 20" and "74 61 62 6C 65 49 44 20"

So i think ITK6 should optionally also except OEMID/TABLEID values surrounded with quotes to detect space character, like:

ITK6.efi –o –oid "oemID " –tid "tableID " –i myKey.bin

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello RvdH, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Can you please let us know the following information? 1. Intel® NUC model 2. BIOS version installed 3. Are you using the Intel® Integrator Toolkit 6.1.8 version? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
RvdH
Novice

1. NUC6CAYH
  2. Version: 0059 (Latest) Date: 12/26/2018
  3. Intel® Integrator Toolkit 6.1.8
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

RvdH, thank you. I will review this matter. I will update the thread as soon as possible. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi RvdH, I have to apologize for the delay in getting back to you. This is the response I got from the product development team: from the perspective of the code, filling in an empty character at the end of strings is more reasonable than filling in a space character because it means the string is ended. With this in mind, I was also told that this is the expected behavior and we have no plans to change it. Regards, Ronny G
RvdH
Novice

If anyone is interested, the new Intel® VCUST Tool is finally able to do this, like this:

VCUSTW64.exe -OA3 -OEMID="OEM1 " -TABLEID="TABLE1 " -OAData=key.bin