Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC 10i5fnh1 slow wifi download speed on 5Ghz wifi6 ax201

Intel NUC 10i5fnh1 slow wifi download speed on 5Ghz wifi6 ax201. When using 5 Ghz band download speed drop to 2-5 Mbps. (actual 30Mbps.)   upload speed is fine (maximum network can deliver). In 2.4 Ghz ax201 can download / upload at full speed ( 30 Mbps./ 10 Mbps.  ). I have tested this only effect intel nuc the other device ipad / laptop same distance from AP can download/ upload from 2.4/5 Ghz with network full speed. Please advise .

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted

Matt16, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new Intel® NUC?

The download speed, was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Which is the BIOS version currently installed?

What is the Intel® Wireless driver version currently installed?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

1. Yes, this is new NUC10i5fnb . 

2. Yes ,since the lastest update driver of wifi adaptor  the download speed only working fine when using 2.4Ghz , In 5Ghz only upload speed is working fine. 

3. No, the hardware is stock from intel with latest driver update ( 21.50.1.1 Date 10/6/2019  Intel® Wi-Fi      6 AX201 160MHz )

4. when using 5Ghz channel network. ( i had check no interfere from neighbor AP) 

5. win10 Home 64bit Ver.2004 (os build 19041.450) 

6. i use intel Nuc only in my office ( Office AP is Cisco Aironet ) 

7. Current bios version :0044

8. 21.50.1.1 Date 10/6/2019  Intel® Wi-Fi      6 AX201 160MHz 

Thank you 

Sasawat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Matt16, Thank you very much for providing those details.

By any chance, do you have the option to test the Intel® NUC with a different Router or AP just to verify if the behavior is the same?

You mentioned that if you connect any other device to that same Router, the download speed works with no problems, correct?

What is the specific model of the Router?

Did you check with Cisco directly to confirm if there might be a firmware update for that Router?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

i had tested with other router problem persist. The office use cisco aironet AP but i'm not sure about exact model. by the way the other the device ipad2, HP notebook with 5 years old do work fine with download / upload speedtest.net ( other device same distance from AP ) .  i do screen recording https://youtu.be/Kd_So-R2OI0   for investigate please. 

Thank you 

Best regards

Sasawat 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Matt16, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that please provide the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

i had attached SSU file to this post as you request. Thank you for looking into this.

Best regards, 

Sasawat  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Matt16, Thank you very much for sharing the SSU report.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Matt16, I just received an update on this matter.

Based on the details showing in the SSU report we noticed that the Windows* version is not the latest one, please install all the Windows* updates all the way to the latest build.

Additionally, there is a newer driver available on our web site, please install Intel® Wireless driver version: 21.90.3 and once you get the chance please let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29520/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello , hope you are well, i did update windows and driver to the lastest version  but 5Ghz seem improve download from 2Mb to 7Mb still cannot match 2.4 Ghz download speed at 20 Mb. My company admin kindly gave me info from Cisco wireless controller AP side. i had attaced to this post. 

Thank you very much. 

Sasawat 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Matt16, You are very welcome, hope you are doing well too, thank you very much for your response and for the pictures.

We will continue with our research on this matter, since you already updated the driver to the latest version, could you please provide the SSU report again? This is for us to have the most recent configuration details of the updates that are currently installed on your platform.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello, good news problem fix when my company admin change AP 5 Ghz from channel 64 to  44. Nuc can download and upload at full speed  but there is no interfere in channel 64 still mysterious to me. by the way thank you so much for helping me.   I truly appreciate.   i had attched ssu file as your requested. 

Best regards, 

Sasawat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Matt16, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results and providing the reports.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem with the download speed on the 5Ghz band got fixed when the company admin change AP 5Ghz from channel 64 to 44, we are glad to know the Wireless connection is now working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos