Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11991 Discussions

Intel NUC 11 PHK Azure Kinect not enumerating in Device Manager

jenius-eagle
Beginner

Plugging in the Azure Kinect camera to the 

Intel NUC 11 PHK,  Device Manager only shows usb connection, not camera, Azure Kinect works on 2 other laptops. But does not work on new NUC 11 PHK.

Azure Kinect expects power from thunderbolt port... but is not getting enough power, even though the thunderbolt port can supply required voltage and watts.

Is there some switch to turn on thunderbolt power  to a device ?

The BIOS has a thunderbolt power option and it is on ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello jenius-eagle

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  Please test the following:

• Install the latest Thunderbolt™ driver for your Intel NUC model from Download Center.
  • Update to the latest BIOS version on the Intel® NUC.
  • Check the Thunderbolt option in BIOS:
    • Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
    • Go to Advanced > Devices > Onboard Devices.
    • Check that the Thunderbolt Controller is enabled.
    • Press F10 to save and exit BIOS Setup.
  • Use a certified Thunderbolt™ 3 cable.
  • Check with the Kinect OEM for latest drivers/firmware
  • If the issue persists, share with us the  the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

jenius-eagle
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for responding. Prior to posting, I downloaded Intel software and updated all drivers, including thunderbolt and usb type C power. I performed the checks on Thunderbolt in BIOS prior to posting as well.

As stated previously the Azure Kinect cable works with 2 other laptops, a HP and Aorus. I spent more than 15 solid hours trying different forums and different fixes. The other 2 laptops worked without modification, just plug the cable into azure kinect and laptop and camera detected and working. Same windows operating system on NUC and laptops.

I have now sent the NUC back and asked for my money back.

David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, since the thread is solved we will close it now.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

David G  

Intel Customer Support Technician