Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12514 Discussions

Intel NUC 12 Pro Mini PC NUC12WSKi7 and ASUS VT229H Touchscreen Monitor

Raichle6ix
Novice

I have an Intel NUC 12 Pro Mini PC NUC12WSKi7, Windows 11 Pro and ASUS VT229H 21.5" LCD Touchscreen Monitor.  When I navigate to System > About > Pen and touch it says:

No pen or touch input is available for this display.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
itsme
New Contributor I

A  pen/touch screen funcionality requires most certainly an active USB data stream between system and pen or display.
So make sure that an USB device is displayed in device manager, or better check the monitor's user guide on how to connect and setup the device.

This should work if monitor is connected with an USB-C to USB-C cable (if supported by the monitor and system). It won't work with a single HDMI or DisplayPort cable ( no USB data transfer).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
itsme
New Contributor I

A  pen/touch screen funcionality requires most certainly an active USB data stream between system and pen or display.
So make sure that an USB device is displayed in device manager, or better check the monitor's user guide on how to connect and setup the device.

This should work if monitor is connected with an USB-C to USB-C cable (if supported by the monitor and system). It won't work with a single HDMI or DisplayPort cable ( no USB data transfer).

Raichle6ix
Novice

You were correct. You have to have both an HDMI cable and a USB cable connected to the NUC for the touch screen to work.