cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Intel NUC 7PJYH - Restart Problem

Jump to solution

Dear all,

I bought two Intel NUCs  from type "7PJYH" a few days ago and installed "Windows 10 Pro - x64 - v1909" on them.

Both systems run very well. :)

But I noticed a problem with the restart sequence on both systems - when I try to restart a NUC from the Windows 10 operating system the NUC restarts normally and then it hangs in the "Intel NUC"-Boot-Screen … there comes no Progress circle or something like that … the System hangs.

I am only able to restart the NUC with a short press of the power button. When I press the power button twice the NUC starts normally and I can use it as I want.

The problem occurs on both NUCs I bought - so that I think that there is a problem with the devices themselves or with a special option I have to configure.

I installed the latest BIOS Version on both NUCs - but the Problem is still the same. :(

Has anybody some ideas how to fix my Problem?

Thanks in Advance!

All the best

EDIT: The problem also occurs when the NUCs restart automatically (e.g. after installation of Windows Updates).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I would try updating to the latest BIOS again, but this time use the BIOS Recovery process. This is defined here: Intel NUC BIOS Update and Recovery Instructions. Once this is complete, power up and enter BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) using the F2 key, reset the BIOS to its default configuration using the F9 key and then save and exit using the F10 key. When the system reboots, again use F2 to enter BIOS Setup, make any custom changes that you need in the BIOS configuration and then again use F10 to save and exit.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I would try updating to the latest BIOS again, but this time use the BIOS Recovery process. This is defined here: Intel NUC BIOS Update and Recovery Instructions. Once this is complete, power up and enter BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) using the F2 key, reset the BIOS to its default configuration using the F9 key and then save and exit using the F10 key. When the system reboots, again use F2 to enter BIOS Setup, make any custom changes that you need in the BIOS configuration and then again use F10 to save and exit.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Dear @n.scott.pearson,

Thank you for the great idea of flashing the BIOS on another way again - it seems to be that this was the solution! :)

I updated the BIOS of both NUCs again as you told me and the restart procedure works normal again!

I will have a look at booth systems the next days and will try many restarts.

If the problem will be still solved then I will mark your answer as solution for my problem.

All the best!

0 Kudos