Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Intel NUC 7i7BNH; monitors blackout/flicker all black before going back to normal. Happens several times a day.

More quality control issues to report.

Basically my LG 27UD58-B 27-Inch 4K monitor using a DP-to-USB-C cable (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N11K30W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this one) is experiencing multiple daily black-outs where the screen goes completely black and then back to normal. It's running at full 4k resolution, 3840x2160 at 60Hz. My other 27-inch ASUS PB278Q WQHD monitor will also occasionally do the exact same blackout stuff, running at 2560x1440 at 60Hz. The ASUS uses a perfectly good HDMI 2.0 cable going to the HDMI port on the NUC, using the latest HDMI 2.0 firmware v.1.66. Reinstalling the 4678 driver does nothing. Rebooting does nothing. Please document this bug with the developers. Thanks.

Also, latest drivers are installed on my 7i7BNH NUC, including the 4678 driver and latest July 4th v48 BIOS. See CPU-Z attachment to this email.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Unfortunately this is a known issue with no sufficient work around available yet. You may see better results with Windows 10 Anniversary Update and driver 4664, but downgrading software shouldn't be tolerated as a fix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Totally unacceptable and sad. Their spec sheets are really total frauds from what I can tell perusing this forum. Whether it's fake audio bitrate or 4k resolution support, it really is amazing that these things, which get billed as HTPC's, can't do these things. It really shouldn't be complicated to get 4k at 60Hz to work either, this stuff has been out a while and it's close to their flagship NUC.

Anyway, thanks David. I did downgrade to 4664 and it did nothing of course. I'm on the Creator's Update, latest patch available to the Current Branch for Business ring.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

I had to downgrade Windows to Anniversary (the one before Creators) to get 4664 to make any difference for me. Even then, I haven't tested it enough since doing this to really be sure that it does fix the flickering. Still, being forced to downgrade Windows + a graphics driver isn't really feasible for a lot of people.

Also this issue doesn't seem to be unique to NUC devices -- it occurs on Macbooks 13 inch running Windows via Bootcamp, and Surface Pro with 4k 60hz external displays. Hopefully this issue is fixable with a software/firmware update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Yup, wouldn't at all surprise me if it's Windows 10-related. Thanks again David.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

What's annoying now is this is still happening even when dropping the resolution to 1440 at 60Hz for both monitors. Just sad.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi nuc_user001

I work for Intel Customer Support and I want to let you know that we are aware of screen flashing and/or flickering issue when using 4K resolutions on NUC7ixBN systems.

This issue has been reported and engineering is working on finding a solution for it.

I am trying to locate all community threads related to this issue to refer them back to the following one and consolidate: /message/490689# 490689 NUC7ixBN Screen Flashing/Flickering when using 4K resolutions <</span>/thread/116824 https://communities.intel.com/thread/116824> We will keep this community thread updated with any progress we make.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused or is still causing and I appreciate your help and patience.

I will be locking up this thread to make sure all comments are properly tracked and followed on /message/490689# 490689 NUC7ixBN Screen Flashing/Flickering when using 4K resolutions

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

this is two years old and the problem is still going on. I have a NUC 7i5BNK and an LG 27UD68P-B, running with 4k via HDMI. I'm burning hours and hours to find a solution. Just bought a HDMI cable from Oehlbach for 100 €, but cannot stop this flickering. Of course everything is updated, graphics driver is from April 2019. The flickering mainly occurs while scrolling in browsers (both Chrome and Edge). Is there any solution to that meanwhile?

Regards,

Stefano

0 Kudos